Thread: 2 Piece Or 1 Piece Shaft

BLOWNDEAVER
    HELLO JUST ANOTHER STUPID QUESTION:WHAT IS ADVANTAGE TO 1 PIECE OVER 2 PIECE SHAFT?PLEASE FILL ME IN ,I AM BUILDING MY FIRST HYDRO THANKS

BLOWNDEAVER
    PLEASE Someone give me an opion on this. Will a 2 piece shaft work or not THANKS alot THOMAS

Fiat48
    Well I am not much of a hydro guy, but I think the idea of the 2 piece shafts was so the alcohol and fuel guys could replace the back half quicky rather than replace the whole shaft.
    You need the hydro division...Whiskey and Water or one of those guys.

V-Drive Tom
    BlownDeaver, Why don't you explain to us WHY you think you would need a two piece shaft.?
    Save money?? Won't Happen.
    Correct coupler for underneath the boat(with locking bolts) are about $250.00.
    Stub shaft, about $200.
    You will be better off with a one piece shaft. TOM..

BLOWNDEAVER
    The reason i asked is because i have a two piece shaft and coupler in boat now. wondering if it will work and is it safe thanks THOMAS

Kurtis500
    I have a 2 piece shaft in my hydro. It is a lot easier to take off between rounds and remove the prop. I dont do it every pass, but the removal, checking and installation of the prop is much easier to work with when its 3 or so feet long on the shaft. It fits on a table with a little stand and makes the prop and keyway hang-up easy to see when putting the prop back on. Its a very easy and quick one person job. I have also cracked two of those collars connecting the shafts in front of the strut. Art Nolte put a second prop in front of the collar years ago and said it worked great for getting out of the hole.