Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone here from Minnesota

Randy Up North
    I am buying my first boat....Larson 190 I/O 4.3 Volvo......and was wanting to know everones favorite spot in Minnesota. All we need now is warm wheather and I will be there.Thanks! Randy

sidewound
    I'm from N. Ia. That's close!
    Peace Man!
    CESAR

northern baja
    Hello... I'm Northern Baja and I'm a Minnesotan.
    Sounds like an MA meeting doesn't it!
    It's almost more than I want to admit. But hey I'm a Packer fan and spend most of my time on the Wisonsin edge.
    I spent about 10 years in a 19' larson SEi with the 4.3, so I know where your coming from. D oyou wet your wick in the river or one of the 10,000 puddles? :wink:

sidewound
    Hey Baja! We're colse!
    I live on the first of the 10,000 puddles.
    I never had a 4.3 volvo!
    You ever come south?
    I got the official FIREBOAT on the pond.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...0_0136-med.jpg
    Peace Man!
    CESAR

northern baja

Sidewound,
    What pond do you play in? Your pic looks like your having much more fun than I'm allowed. What kind of numbers do think that puddle jumper will do?
    Some advice. Don't come up to Lake Pepin thrown perfectly nasty water around like that. We're in the midst of a drought, they probably bust ya out of jealousy er I mean wastin' water!
    I'd be happy with the top side of 70.

sidewound
    BAHA!
    I'm in Clear Lake Ia. A little lake about 7 miles long. Lotsa water tho! It's right off I-35. Mile 194.
    My boat's not too fast. 60 maybe. I only had it up for the last six weeks last year and didn't get a lot of tuning done. It does roost it up pretty well though.
    If ya ever get a hair you're welcome to come boatin. Better wait awhile tho!
    And where is this up north guy who posted this thread?
    Peace Man!
    CESAR

northern baja
    I have a brother-n-law that is a boat dealer down your way in algona, so we may make it down that way. He owns American Marine there. He alway has nice boats and cold beer. Have a great day!

mud duck
    Northern Baja, I have a cabin up near Grand Rapids and boat there mostly, however the neighbors have started complaining about my boat's noise. So, after work I also hit the St. Croix River several times a summer. I just returned from the San Diego boat show which was a big disappointment. We have more custom boats in our little Minneapolis boat show than they get in San Diego. I guess the big boat show is in LA. May have to plan another trip. I would love to fly around Lake Pepin with you some time. Keep throwing that rooster tail around Sidewound.

northern baja
    We should be thinking about all getting together for the Liquid Jungle run this Summer. we've got a little place right above the upper marina in Wabasha. IT not a bad base to boat from.
    I've enjoyed the boating crowd we encounter and love checking out all the hardware(and software) along the way.
    So when is it going to warm up!

missinglink
    I live in SE Minnesota and boat mostly in pool 8 but been as far north as Lake City wanted to make it to Red Wing but the lake looked way to rough and been as far south as Dubuque,IA Looks like it will be awhile before the boats come out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast