Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BBF Belt drives

flat broke
    Ty,
    Sounds like you're going to have something pretty interesting for CBBB 04. What hull is this "project" going in? With regard to the pump, it's definitely time to step away from the cast aluminum. You might want to shoot for that dyno date falling a little earlier than planed to get the pump dialed into the new HP sooner than your current roadmap allows for. The backlog of work in the summer for most pump guys could throw a wrench in the works for ya.
    Chris

Hotcrusader76
    I couldn't agree more with ya Chris. A little more Dyno time and lake-time before the event and 30 car chain to AVI. Last year I showed up with my virgin BBC ready to rock and that's all about all it was...a rock! Hell I seated the rings in front of AVI. Same situation as this, farmed out the shortblock to a reputable shop. But fate took it's course...55 minutes later of run time smoked a conrod bearing (long story).
    Something I learned in the Special Boat Units was always get some test time on your builds before putting them into war. Well I'm still learning that lesson. Of course with deadlines what is one to do?
    After a long conversation over the phone with LakesOnly I think I am going to look into his builder in Pasadena. More to follow...

cheech
    the belt drive will keep the crank from transmitting alot of harmonic vibrations to the cam and make the timing more accurate and you can play with cam timing alot easier and tey look trick.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12