Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holley Card Rebuild?

Funny, the boat originally came with 600's but we had issues with the motor running too rich and could never get it really to run right... my dads buddy said "here slap these on it, they are 660's", my dad looked at him and said "we got enough fuel already..." but he put them on and they worked great.
    I dont know much about carbs.. Are these a good combo for my application? are they too big/small? i would assume not.

Hotcrusader76
    Nope. Those carbs are just fine. The funny thing is the 600 Holley and 660 both flow the same amount of fuel through their 0.139" booster.
    Maybe those old 600s you had were tuned wrong. No?
    Nevertheless those 660s rock and I would choose them anyday over the 600s
    ~Ty

HOSS
    Rexone, those cam bearrings are old hat. Been messin` with the pocket bike a lil. Going Pro Pocket with it. Friend of mine races/works at Daytona with bikes. When he gets in town he`s gonna trip.

I wouldnt doubt that the 600's where tuned wrong... i wouldnt doubt if the 600's where just f'd up. We bought the boat from 'Roger Way' a long time ago and i think the motor was kind of peiced together with parts he had laying around.
    As for the old school manifold and the hats, i like them, it's always how i remember the boat looking, hopefully they will clean up nicely

LeE ss13
    I think those 660s cleaned up should be OK. You might run into problems with that Edelbrock TR2X manifold if you start turning the engine over 6000 rpm, it will start leaning out because of the large plenums. If you jet up to compensate at higher rpm, the lower rpms will be too rich. About the best combo I have seen on those manifolds are the Holley 6109 750 double pumpers. They have short bowls so they fit on the manifold in line. They are dual feed, so no leaky transfer tubes. They have metering blocks at both ends, so both the primary and secondary use jets instead of the metering plates on the 660 secondary. Best of all they use POWER VALVES. This way you can run lean and clean through the crusing rpms and fat and mean over 6000. I drilled a hole and installed a vacuum tube into the vacuum chambers behind the power valves to measure the levels at different rpms. With an 11 to 1 427 in a V-Drive flatbottom, it held 10 inches of vacuum up to 5000 rpm. Just a thought.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12