Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: PSI blowers

bigriverdog
    Alright let me have the inside scoop. Helping a son with a classic Placecraft jet. Thinking of using a PSI to get that classic old fueler look. Are they drivable at low RPM, will they work on a gas motor and where do you find the deal on one? Thanks Bob

Booster
    Here's one for sale.
    PSI Blower for sale (http://server1.offshoreonly.com/cgi-...query=category)

cola
    Originally posted by bigriverdog
    Alright let me have the inside scoop. Helping a son with a classic Placecraft jet. Thinking of using a PSI to get that classic old fueler look. Are they drivable at low RPM, will they work on a gas motor and where do you find the deal on one? Thanks Bob
    Is this the boys from Big Boy Toys ?
    Late, Mike

bigriverdog
    Hey Neighbor, No just another Yucaipa hick trying to go fast on the wet stuff.

cola
    I think they are building a Placecraft or a Rayson cat also. I have a V bottom Essex Alandra (slow) but thinking hard about the 3.3 Whipple in a week or so. Might put me 70 + I could live with that. Do you go to Havasu or ? I think we are going Friday. Had the boat out to go to Catalina on Sunday but had to work at the last minute. So it was back to storage.
    Later, Mike&Kim

100mph
    Do they still make these new, I thought they went out of biz years ago. But then too I have been try'in to stay away. As a blower is a lot like a BAD habit, now I'm havin weak moments again.

bigriverdog
    They are still building blowers. I found them in the Phoenix area. Most of their blowers are used in drag car classes.

100mph
    COOL, do they have website and or any contact info. Will still need alot of the rest of the package (mainly a bbc tall deck manifold), and do they have any comparision info, (to size their blower in relationship to roots 6 8 10 12 14 etc)???

bigriverdog
    No web site I know of. You can call direct 480-820-6511. I am buying the one from Booster in this post. He has a tall deck manifold that I do not need. Call him if you do.

F N Fast
    Originally posted by bigriverdog
    Once you go PSI you won't go back to anything else IMO. Great drivability at any RPM, you will need a larger keyway on your crank to hold the lower pulley however.
    Right now the only ones being made are the billet rotor (or screws), so when buying used find out if its one of the older cast rotor (screw) blowers. Depending on use, the cast rotors could be a problem (So I've heard).
    All I can say is the performance is nothing short of awesome, and of course the profile of the boat is just as cool.
    http://www.jetheaven.us/photopost/da...small_-med.jpg http://www.jetheaven.us/photopost/da...c01295-med.jpg

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast