Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Floor jack repair

BGMAN203
    My 2 1/4 ton floor jack leaked all the hyd fluid out over the weekend. Does any one know if they can be repaired? I think its a seal that went out. I called one place and they wanted $70 labor plus parts, at that rate its cheaper to buy a new one.

Fiat48
    Is it an import or a Walker or some other good jack?

BGMAN203
    ya, know I think its a piece of shit. I got it as a gift, and they told me it was out of the summit catalog.

Fiat48
    If it is leaking out of the main ram seal, some of them have a "packing" and there is a nut you may be able to tighten. If it is leaking out of the plunger pump (what goes up and down as you pump up the jack) then those are usually an O ring. One I had was a metric oring (who the Hell needs this metric shit) and I found metric O rings at Catapillar.
    If it goes beyond that, then probably time to deep six it.

BGMAN203
    there was fluid everywhere, but I think it was coming out the plunge pump. I havent taken it apart, but if jack repair is that expensive, I guess I am going to dig into it. Thanks Fiat. By the way how was the swapmeet?

Fiat48
    Swap meet was pretty good. I managed to help spend all the money 78Eliminator could lay his hands on and we had a good time. If I lived closer, I'd be at every Long beach meet. Used parts are "road tested".

superdave013
    Originally posted by Fiat48
    Swap meet was pretty good. I managed to help spend all the money 78Eliminator could lay his hands on and we had a good time. If I lived closer, I'd be at every Long beach meet. Used parts are "road tested".
    Good meeting ya yesterday! You 2 looked like you were in spend mode.

Fiat48
    Was a pleasure to meet you also, Dave. Didn't get to meet Fired up, guess we lost him in the crowd.
    The 40 degree change in temperature was a nice plus also.

wsuwrhr
    Originally posted by Fiat48
    You didn't spend any of that money at my table.
    Brian

Fiat48
    So many swap spaces, so little time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast