Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Commander Perspective

steve singhal
    The purpose of this thread is to let all Commander Boat owners know that I am personally dedicated to take care of Commander customers. Customer satisfaction is Commander Boats' top priority. This thread specifically address the issues why some boaters are making statements to the contrary.
    Steve also addressed this issue on 02/07/04 at 12:07am, time appearing on the thread, "So is CommanderFan still on here?" He gave 4 reasons for the negative customer sentiments. I fully endorse them. I must elaborate more on reason No. (3). It is a fact that since our boats are priced very competitively, it does not mean that they are not built to be the BEST quality. Here are some supporting facts:
    1. Because of our tireless scrutiny of rigging and details, the Commander quality is constanttly improving. The boats built today are better than those built previously. The proof is the
    overwhelming PUBLIC response in the recently concluded L.A. Show.
    2. An ex-commander owner, Ken of Wizzard Billet Engineering, who purchased a 100 mph DCB in 1997, before Commander came out with a CAT, is a strong beliver in our quality. He states that as an outside observer for many years, he can say that Commander prices are better because of my business-like approach. (I acquired the company 16 years ago to run it as a successful usiness and not a hobby) Ken is willing to share his belief with anyone who would like him to do so.
    3. On the aforementioned web-thread, "bigg" stated, "As far as resale, I was able to sell both (boats) for what I paid for them," His second boat was 2000-24 Signature on which he got a good discount, being one of the first ONES to buy this boat model.
    4. Good resale is a proof of good value. It is supported by the least number of used Commanders on sale in the Boat Trader, considering the number of boats we retail each year.
    Yes, our customers have some issues with the service, but we are working on making improvements within the industry restraints pointed out by Steve in his thread. However, we can honestly say that with the ongoing improvements, our service department is better today hen before. The following paragraphs address specific service issues.
    A. Commandergirl: To supplement what Steve has already addressed, it is unfair for her to call me a liar when I never lie to the customers. Even our worst critic "THATGUYJEFF" has stated, "Sy is actually a pretty honest guy." This is true. There has been a great deal of confusion due to the contacts made by her, her boyfriend and boyfriends' mother with us and Mercruiser. Especially, since the feed back she received from Mercruiser people was quite different from what we had actually done. It was due to our efforts, that their tech rep will be here on Tuesday and will stay here until her problems are resolved. May be he can talk to her and make her understand that I did not mislead her. Although, I was unable to say anything to pacify her until the latest Mercruiser development of assignment of their rep to solve this problem.
    B. THATJEFFGUY: We recognize that he had issues with our service. Apparently, we were unable to make him happy. But, I can say with clear conscience that we made diligent efforts to take care of him. The last time his boat was here and he was not satisfied with the work done, we promised him to complete the work as needed and to bring his boat back to his residence, before he would commence his river trip (a few days later). We did keep our promise. Furthermore, eventhough it is the standard policy to have custoemrs remove their personnel belongings, from the boats left here for service, we fully reimburrsed Jeff for the items he reported missing from his boat. We are genuinely concerned about the problems he has had and we are willing to take care of him: including the boat-performance. It is surprissing that he has serious performance issues, especially since the performance of his boat model is outstanding. We would like to win him back.
    If any Commander customer has problems, I can be reached directly. And yes, I am only a phone call away.

BoatFloating
    Steve also addressed this issue on 02/07/04 at 12:07am
    According to the log on your Steve. You must be Sy then? Well hold on this should be good.

sy singhal
    Originally posted by steve singhal
    The purpose of this thread is to let all Commander Boat owners know that I am personally dedicated to take care of Commander customers. Customer satisfaction is Commander Boats' top priority. This thread specifically address the issues why some boaters are making statements to the contrary.
    Steve also addressed this issue on 02/07/04 at 12:07am, time appearing on the thread, "So is CommanderFan still on here?" He gave 4 reasons for the negative customer sentiments. I fully endorse them. I must elaborate more on reason No. (3). It is a fact that since our boats are priced very competitively, it does not mean that they are not built to be the BEST quality. Here are some supporting facts:
    1. Because of our tireless scrutiny of rigging and details, the Commander quality is constanttly improving. The boats built today are better than those built previously. The proof is the
    overwhelming PUBLIC response in the recently concluded L.A. Show.
    2. An ex-commander owner, Ken of Wizzard Billet Engineering, who purchased a 100 mph DCB in 1997, before Commander came out with a CAT, is a strong beliver in our quality. He states that as an outside observer for many years, he can say that Commander prices are better because of my business-like approach. (I acquired the company 16 years ago to run it as a successful usiness and not a hobby) Ken is willing to share his belief with anyone who would like him to do so.
    3. On the aforementioned web-thread, "bigg" stated, "As far as resale, I was able to sell both (boats) for what I paid for them," His second boat was 2000-24 Signature on which he got a good discount, being one of the first ONES to buy this boat model.
    4. Good resale is a proof of good value. It is supported by the least number of used Commanders on sale in the Boat Trader, considering the number of boats we retail each year.
    Yes, our customers have some issues with the service, but we are working on making improvements within the industry restraints pointed out by Steve in his thread. However, we can honestly say that with the ongoing improvements, our service department is better today hen before. The following paragraphs address specific service issues.
    A. Commandergirl: To supplement what Steve has already addressed, it is unfair for her to call me a liar when I never lie to the customers. Even our worst critic "THATGUYJEFF" has stated, "Sy is actually a pretty honest guy." This is true. There has been a great deal of confusion due to the contacts made by her, her boyfriend and boyfriends' mother with us and Mercruiser. Especially, since the feed back she received from Mercruiser people was quite different from what we had actually done. It was due to our efforts, that their tech rep will be here on Tuesday and will stay here until her problems are resolved. May be he can talk to her and make her understand that I did not mislead her. Although, I was unable to say anything to pacify her until the latest Mercruiser development of assignment of their rep to solve this problem.
    B. THATJEFFGUY: We recognize that he had issues with our service. Apparently, we were unable to make him happy. But, I can say with clear conscience that we made diligent efforts to take care of him. The last time his boat was here and he was not satisfied with the work done, we promised him to complete the work as needed and to bring his boat back to his residence, before he would commence his river trip (a few days later). We did keep our promise. Furthermore, eventhough it is the standard policy to have custoemrs remove their personnel belongings, from the boats left here for service, we fully reimburrsed Jeff for the items he reported missing from his boat. We are genuinely concerned about the problems he has had and we are willing to take care of him: including the boat-performance. It is surprissing that he has serious performance issues, especially since the performance of his boat model is outstanding. We would like to win him back.
    If any Commander customer has problems, I can be reached directly. And yes, I am only a phone call away.

Tom Brown
    What's your phone number, Steve, Sy, or whoever is representing Commander on this?

sy singhal
    Originally posted by BoatFloating
    According to the log on your Steve. You must be Sy then? Well hold on this should be good.
    The thread, "Commander Prospective" was erroneously posted in the name Steve Singhal. This was a clerical error. I'am the aurthor of that thread. I apologize for the above confussion.
    As stated in the aforementioned thread, "If any Commander customer has problems, I can be reached directly. And yes, I'am only a phone call a way."

Ziggy
    909-657-6917 for their shop where Sy is.
    Sy and Steve,
    If nothing else with the heated discussions recently I think it's a great thing that you spent the time to come in and address the issues...I hope you take the time to mingle with some of these people from time to time too because from what I have experienced 99.9% of them are all good people and hearing from you directly would improve your relationship and outlook with many. They're all boat enthusiasts and if you can show them your product is comparable with others I think many will put your brand back on the shopping list and at least give you the oppertunity.
    Incidently, I had a discussion with another custom builder and he felt very badly because Commander(as well as other brands/equipment) gets alot of "unwarranted bad raps" on this website. We all know that bad news travels fast so this sort of forum atmosphere breeds bashing. He is a well liked builder around here and says you build a great boat and are straight forward kinda person, I could tell he meant it too.
    Thought I'd throw that out there being it came from a direct competitor.

mbrown2
    Welcome to the boards Sy, I respect for coming on here and telling your side...
    Hopefully any issues will get addressed...I have a neighbor at the river with a Commander and he loves it....thinks of trading in for new for the exact thing Ziggy mentioned...he would lose not much getting out of it and into the next one..

OGShocker
    Who's popping the popcorn? Extra butter please....
    I have NO dog in this hunt, I just love the forums...

Jbb
    Welcome Sy....I think your boats have value.....Repeat after me...RD Sux..........

MRS FLYIN VEE
    whats a commander look like..

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast