Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Commander Perspective

hot_diggity_dog
    What can I say I own a CHEETAH!!!:eek!: :eek!: :eek!: :eek!: :eek!:
    I'm sure glad Cheetah Bob just sits in the background.
    Hot (knew what I was getting into) Diggity Dog

Ziggy
    Originally posted by hot_diggity_dog
    What can I say I own a CHEETAH!!!:eek!: :eek!: :eek!: :eek!: :eek!:
    I'm sure glad Cheetah Bob just sits in the background.
    Hot (knew what I was getting into) Diggity Dog
    Look at RD's other thread(is Commanderfan still here) and I made the mistake of bringing Cheetah up...well it wasn't a mistake but more like an honorable mention
    did rrl go kaboom today?-can't get on now?

THATJEFFGUY
    Because I've had so many problems with Commander Boats in the past, I haven't decided to call Sy directly and put my trust back in them just yet. However, I think we should ALL commend Sy for taking the time away from his business to address the recent issues on this board...even after his son Steve had already cleared up some of the confusion. I think you'll agree, it's not often you see an owner come online to speak to their customers, or offer to take care of their customers' problems personally. Thanks again Sy...and Steve !

silver surfer
    We have 100 hours on our Commander Millennium and love the boat. It has been handling great, engine sound, and rigging fine. We have had a few issues with customer service but Sy corrected any problems. As Ziggy commented, the problem is communication between his staff and customers. As a matter of fact, Sy did not have time to personally repair a problem within my time schedule, so he reimbursed me when I had another shop correct the problem. Pretty damn good customer service on this issue.
    As for resale, two of my friends sold their Commanders after seven to nine years of use, for close to what they paid for them new. No Bullshit.
    As for getting what I paid for, I guess everyone is right. My Commander towed my friends 24 Hallett, across Boulder Basin, in four-five foot chop. Not a drop of water came over the bow to spoil my silver bullet. He was sure appreciative of my Commander that weekend. So much so, he and his family skiied and partied in in my boat for three more days.
    Yep. I got exactly what I paid for-a reliable boat!

clownpuncher
    Originally posted by silver surfer
    No Bullshit.
    Ahh I'm callin bullshit.
    Just kidding, couldn't resist. Carry on now.

Ziggy
    Originally posted by RiverDave
    Ah C'mon Brian I didn't say anything "bad" necesarrily about Commander. I just don't understand why their priced at a value boat when their the best? Well with the exception of their deckboat.. that thing is priced pretty outrageously.. 75K with a 496?? You'd almost think it was a conquest or something for that kinda coin.
    RD
    Dave,
    I'd intrepret Sy's comment of "Best" as a scale...you know: poor,fair,good better,best. He didn't say his is best in the market but his "best" quality referring to not shortcutting build quality of the boats.
    Also-I mentioned it in your other thread, resale of my 10 yr old commander was $840 less than I paid new including paying a commission. Less than $3 for each hour of running useage including maintainence costs over the 10 yrs.

bigq
    Funny thought, little ol' Sy kicking RD in the junk. If you have seen SY picture that in your head.
    Hot Diggity, I love the Cheetahs.

bigkatboat
    River Dave, what "industry leaders" are you talking about? The over priced boat builder that 'insults' new owners with problems and tells them to go back to their dealer? Or are you talking about the builder that has major problems with new designs and continues to take orders for that boat design? Merc. has GREAT PRIDE (oem prices) in their products, but boat prices (in my humble opinion) are out of control! Way back in the 70's and 80's a "billit hardware" rigging job was the 'norm'. Now all the BS is "billit BS" and the boats are not running any better than they did back then. YES boats are faster! But the motors are WAY bigger and the price tags are too! Write-ups in the magazines, and all of the "hype" seems to be overshadowing the actual product. Does the boat do what you want it to do? Was the salesman truthful about the boat's performance? Are there 'pieces' falling off of the boat? Can you RELY on it for your families safety and EVERYONES pleasure? It seems to me that many people buy boats today to impress others, and at home (in their own 'quiet space') they know that they paid too much for the PLEASURE they have gotten out of the boat. I'm not saying that all boat builders are "overpriced", I'm saying, "look at what the real product is"! Not the 'big shot BS name'. Are you 'over' paying for all of this BS? I'm not! If most boats have about the same "halflife" (use vs. useability) , and they use the same power, why are some better? ($$$) SERVICE???

OGShocker
    Anyone HAVE cheese powder?
    Did I MENTION how MUCH I love THE forums?

SHAKE-YO-AZZ
    This is getting old, there's got to something better, I know how about Janets Tits

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast