Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bravo 1 ???

Dr. Eagle
    dorC:
    A seal leak will also cause the oil to foam and expand. Thats exactly why I made the "as long as the drive is in fact sealed" qualifier. If you get water in the drive it will cause the oil to foam like you said.

Ducatista
    Fortunatly no foam....I'll check the resevoir and cap next trip...might just be air working its way out. Thanks for the advice all....I'll let you know how it goes next trip.

DBM
    Dr. Eagle:
    Hnmmmm...never did that with my Bravos and that is not the procedure I saw in my manual...and I never had a problem.
    On the Bravos I had the procedure was to pump until the oil began seeping from the vent opening on top. Then to close the vent opening and pump into the reservoir through the drive. [/b]
    Top cap, Vent cap. I should be more specific, What I was trying to get across is it would be pretty laborious to try and pump oil in without removing the VENT CAP AT THE TOP O THE DRIVE.Air need's a place to exit while the oil takes it's place.
    BTW I learned this technique from guy's that do not require a manual. If you reread my post, I pretty much said what you then parrotted.
    [ October 16, 2003, 05:43 PM: Message edited by: DBM ]

Dr. Eagle
    Yeah, you are right, after I posted and re-read your post I figured what you had meant. Sorry I did not mean to cast aspersions on your post, but the first time reading it I thought you meant the entire top cap, not the vent...which would not be the procedure as shown in the Mercruiser Manual. I thought that because you said top cap specifically...again sorry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12