Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AZ Sales Tax on Used Boat ?

Floatin'
    I am buying a used boat from a friend that lives in Lake Havasu for 20k. I plan to transfer the boat and trailer into my name and keep it registered in AZ. Is Az like CA in that you are supossed to pay state sales tax on the purchase or can it just be transfered into my name and avoid the taxes ? If anyone knows the best way to do this please let me know.

OutCole'd
    In az, if you buy a used boat private party and keep it registered in Az. there is no sales tax.

Ziggy
    Originally posted by OutCole'd
    In az, if you buy a used boat private party and keep it registered in Az. there is no sales tax.
    Exactly right on---

Jordy
    Yeah what he said. However you do have to pay a beer tax to everyone who responds on this thread and agrees that there is no tax...

Sun burners
    "NO TAX" Beer me!

Floatin'
    Originally posted by OutCole'd
    Get Out !:wink: You gotta be kidding. You mean the government doesn't have their hand out everytime you buy something in Az . I own a home in Havasu I think I should look into becoming an Az resident.

Ziggy
    Originally posted by Floatin'
    Get Out !:wink: You gotta be kidding. You mean the government doesn't have their hand out everytime you buy something in Az . I own a home in Havasu I think I should look into becoming an Az resident.
    Nah, you just need to buy a boat from a Zonie and keep it registered in Zonie. But tag the trailer with Ca. or else CHP will bust ya for driving a CA. Vehicle with Ca. DL and towing an AZ trailer.....Cali is the tax hog

Floatin'
    Originally posted by Ziggy
    Nah, you just need to buy a boat from a Zonie and keep it registered in Zonie. But tag the trailer with Ca. or else CHP will bust ya for driving a CA. Vehicle with Ca. DL and towing an AZ trailer.....Cali is the tax hog
    Mucho thanks for the 411

RJ Nordic
    That's right. NO tax!
    Listen to Ziggy he too is 100% correct.
    If you have a Calif DL and plan on ever taking it into Calif. reg the trailer in Calif.
    Other wise your screwed.
    Oh and by the way BEER ME!

OutCole'd
    Since I replied first, shouldnt I get the first beer?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast