Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alpha drive needed

Robbie Racer
    I have a buddy that trashed his old Mercruiser 888 drive and wants to update to an Alpha drive on his family/fishing boat. Anyone have one in the northern California area that I can put him in touch with. Thanks in advance. R/R

MANIC MECHANIC
    RR; If you dont find anything local, I have a bunch of stuff that I have decided to get rid of, including a couple of Merc. V6/Alpha packages brand new in the box('92 I think), that I bought at Renkin boats when they went under.I would be willing to sell the drive separatly, do you need the gimbal plate also? Let me come up with a price, and see what it would cost to ship it out there (I have no idea, it may be prohibitively expensive). I'll get back to you tomorrow with a price. Anyone interested in the engines? They are the 190HP carburated version, I think,I'll check tomorrow. smile_sp Tim

MANIC MECHANIC
    Rob, I could not come up with a price today. (To much going on today, just had an accident, my truck is totaled, and trying to get all THAT stuff straightened out. I did find out that I can get a 200 LB (Best guess on weight) package shipped from here to Your area, eight day delivery, for $137 (59% discount my family's bussiness does so much bussiness with the trucking co's)I will come up with a price this coming week. smile_sp Tim

rrrr
    I have an old project boat that would love to have a V-6 and Alpha. How much??

playdeep
    Buddy of mine has acouple of alpha's for sale...
    Let me know if you are interested,I can give you his number.

JimmyBaja
    I am also looking for a new or rebuilt ALPHA. Would prefer a L/H rotation.

MANIC MECHANIC
    I went down to the shop today and looked at the V/6's. They and the drives are 1995's. 4.3L's (carburated, I believe, I will check) 175/HP. I will come up with a price this week on them and the drives and post them. I am also pretty sure that one of the drives is LH. I'll check that out also. Tim smile_sp

Robbie Racer
    Manic Mechanic, let me know what you come up with on a price and I will pass it along to my buddy.
    Playdeep, can you email me your buddies email address or phone number and I will pass it along to my buddy as well.
    Thanks guys, R/R

playdeep
    RR,
    You got mail...

Robbie Racer
    Playdeep, thanks for the email. I passed it along to my friend. R/R

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast