Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Bowling for Columbine...

HavasuDreamin'
    Originally posted by Pointerman
    The mentality that the solution to this issue is the elimination of all guns rather than dealing with the root of the problem which is the looney person that pulled the trigger or the justice system that allows someone like this to walk.
    So instead of answering by attacking the root of the problem (in Canada - the laws and law makers), you insult an entire nation (not the root of the problem........if there even is a problem....I don't follow my Canadian politics too closely ).
    As previously posted, nice response.

AMERICA IS THE GREATEST FORCE OF GOOD IN THE WORLD TODAY BECAUSE WE HAVE GUNS!
    just ask the Iraqiis that Saddam killed if they wish they could have freely owned guns!

Pointerman
    Amen Busti!
    Theoretically banning all guns could work if you somehow found a way to remove every single gun from the hands of every person (civilian or military) in every country at the exact same time. Until you can accomplish that there will always be a black market for guns that criminals will not hesitate to take advantage of.
    I have a firm belief that I have a right to defend myself since my local government isn't willing to have a police officer camp outside my front door 24x7. Since my government can't protect me from the folks that choose not to obey the laws I choose to protect myself and my family. Seems pretty logical to me.
    The police will only arrive at my house after it is too late. They may prosecute the criminal if they catch him, but the damage to health or life would already be done.

Pointerman
    Originally posted by HavasuDreamin'
    So instead of answering by attacking the root of the problem (in Canada - the laws and law makers), you insult an entire nation (not the root of the problem........if there even is a problem....I don't follow my Canadian politics too closely ).
    As previously posted, nice response.
    Sorry, I wasn't aware that France was the only nation we were allowed to insult. I withdraw my original comments.

canuck1
    Busti
    I may be a little slow but the attitude towards gun ownership thing here is no different than in say Montana. Western Canadians in general don't like or agree with those IDIOTS from the east(read government). Gun ownership wasn't banned, they are required to be registered. Here in Alberta I think we have maybe a 50% compliance rate,maybe.
    I've seen the movie and I've read the rebutals, both are a lot slanted.
    As for the BS shots that pointerman took they just show how much the US really doesn't know about its northern neighbor.
    And I do agree with most, that if you come after my family I will do what it takes to stop you

Jungle Boy
    I was out of line some what. Us people in the Canada West do not generally support our lefty government gun policy. There are a VERY FEW people ever killed by an registered gun. The bad guys don't register guns and never will. More people are killed with stabs wounds, hands and feet than guns in our country. It's huge waste of money and is hugely debated right now. I know that if I was awakened by the crackhead that slote my snowmoble a month ago I would have probably snapped and put a shot through his truck. I don't know who was the lucky one that I was dead drunk that night and did not wake up.

Jungle Boy
    Holly shit Mike. I'm afraid we must think a like. Scarey.

Tom Brown
    I think gun control is a good idea.
    ... can't be too safe.

canuck1
    JB
    I'll bring the beer and thanks for the sled....did you want it back?

Pointerman
    Canuck,
    Sorry for maligning an entire country based on the law it passed. I have strong feelings on this issue as do most Americans. There is a great deal of pressure on gun ownership in the US and other nations around us caving on the issue only increases the pressure. Every study I have ever read shows that crime increases immediately after the guns of citizens are melted.
    I am very sorry if you are one of those folks that understands how important self defense is, but you live in a nation that chooses to make you a criminal if you were to ever protect your family. I hope that we manage to fight off this tide in America so my son can grow up and appreciate this freedom.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast