Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why should I sell my V-drive and get a Jet?

RaysonKid
    Since some jet guys are bored,and have been lurking over in the V-drive section.
    I thought I would pop in here and ask for reasons why I should put my nostalgic v-drive flatbottom up for sale.
    Then get myself a Jet boat..?
    I grew up with V-drive race boats always being in the garage. So I am going to be a hard sell...
    Any good reasons?

Mohavekid
    Nope.
    You're already too far gone. Based on your upbringing, you never had a chance.
    We'll save our resources for someone we can help.

Checkmate
    Ohh, come on. Doesn't the thought of blowing an annoying pwc'r off his ride enough for ya.
    Okay, let's abck it up a little....what?? Ohhh, that's right, you can't back up.
    Why sell the V-drive? Keep it AND get a jet.

RaysonKid
    Originally posted by Checkmate
    Ohh, come on. Doesn't the thought of blowing an annoying pwc'r off his ride enough for ya.
    Okay, let's abck it up a little....what?? Ohhh, that's right, you can't back up.
    Why sell the V-drive? Keep it AND get a jet.
    Hey, The best of both worlds.
    I like the part about blowing off lake lice...

victorfb
    oh no, i can already see this gettin ugly, but here's what i think.
    your nostalgic flatty is cool. and if you love it, keep it. its what you were brought up on and its YOUR gig. i for one have always loved jet boats. and yes i consider them to be nostalgic aswell. both and many other style boats were and continue to be race boats.
    i hope you didnt come here to get into a pissing match and argue about which boat is better. thats not what we are about. we love our jet boats and welcome anyone (new to boating or not) to join in the fun. i hate comparing boats to one another. its worse than the age old Chevy VS Ford deal.
    pro's and con's? there are none. its all what you prefer. some say a jet can be safer for others as there is no prop to get cut up with. but any boat can be dangerous. its up to the opperator to be a safe boater. the rooster of course is a big eye catcher, and alot of us, (me included) absolutly love seeing it. not for performance reasons, but eye candy. kind of like sky rockets on the 4th of july. very cool to look at. being able to make a rooster intailes being able to adjust the boats characteristics, which in turn does help performance, but a flat has that ability aswell.
    all in all id say get someone to let you drive one and see what you like. they are both awsome boats, and im sure are equally fun to drive.
    im sure there are alot of people on here that will be more than happy to help you find a nice jet boat and answer as many (specific) questions you may have.

RD Express
    One word (REVERSE)

schiada96
    Originally posted by RD Express
    One word (REVERSE)
    my v drive has reverse

Old Guy
    It depends on your reason for having a boat. If you just want to go fast, a v drive is just fine. If you would like to enjoy riding and sometimes go fast, then the flat bottom has gotta go. Almost any jet boat has got to ride smoother than a flat. Shallow water, rocks, and stumps do far less damage to a jet.

Jet Hydro
    I don't know about anyone else but I love to piss off my friends that have V-Drives when I smoke`um with my Jet boat`s....
    Really it`s just because I have a passion for what most people say cant be done.
    love proving them WRONG!( Long Story, don't ask) ...lol...
    There`s really more reason`s for me, but I like these the most...ROTFLMAO

Checkmate
    Originally posted by Jet Hydro
    Really it`s just because I have a passion for what most people say cant be done.
    love proving them WRONG! ...lol...
    Sounds just like my one buddy. He is buying a jetboat soon and wants to put an Olds engine in it because everybody says it would be stupid. So he goes a step further and says, "I'm going to build a 350 small block stroker Olds." Guess he will just have to learn the expensive way.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast