Thread: TRS Drives on 38 Scarab

powerplay230
    Hey Guys,
    Am looking at an older Welcraft Scarab 38 footer with triples that has been pretty extensively retrofitted. Power now is triple 454-465hp thru Borg Warner Cyborg trans then TRS drives not sure what prop he is spinning, 4 batteries 300 gals fuel, 50 gals water, a/c and frig no generator. How well did these boats run he says cruise at 3500 rpm at 55mph and top out at 85mph. Very nice looking boat for its age and lot of work done but that seems optimistic for what I would guess is a 12,000 lb boat. Any ideas or am I way off guessing weight?
    Thanks,
    rick
    Trans and drives have been rebuilt but what kind of reliabilty should I expect with these drives/trans and a fairly heavy boat?

Havasu47
    If the maintenance has been done religously they should be reliable with normally aspirated engines. Keep in mind that many of the parts for TRS drive are NLA from Mercruiser.
    3500 and 55 mph seems pretty optimistic.

MAXIMUS
    Originally posted by Havasu47
    If the maintenance has been done religously they should be reliable with normally aspirated engines. Keep in mind that many of the parts for TRS drive are NLA from Mercruiser.
    3500 and 55 mph seems pretty optimistic.
    Dude you are spending way to much time on these forums... Business that slow??? HOMO!!!:smilespi:

powerplay230
    quote-
    "Dude you are spending way to much time on these forums... Business that slow??? HOMO!!!"
    Hey it's tax time and bet he is figuring his time giving a rookie advice as a donation!
    Thanks and thanks for putting up with my lack of sense of humor.
    Rick

MAXIMUS
    In case you didn't realize, its my job to stir the pot! & he is a homo!

Havasu47
    Originally posted by MAXIMUS
    In case you didn't realize, its my job to stir the pot! & he is a homo!
    If you weren't so busy re-fixin that suck boat and stirring the pot with your back woods banjo strummin' life style you might have had some fun this weekend at the desert.
    Fag:yuk:

MAXIMUS
    Originally posted by Havasu47
    If you weren't so busy re-fixin that suck boat and stirring the pot with your back woods banjo strummin' life style you might have had some fun this weekend at the desert.
    Fag:yuk:
    Ouch...:frown: