Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AntiVirus Programs

Hustler
    Are there any free programs out there? I have always used Norton but have never had to pay for it. I went to go buy it but hell it's 50 bucks Is there any where to down load it for free or any other program for that matter?

Scream
    $50? What are you downloading? The standard Norton is about $30 and is downloadable. The McAfee is a good product also and is comperable in price, it is also downloadable. If you purchase the "Internet Security" version, it's a bit more expensive, but it's also a pain in the ass to set up. I always use Norton on all my work machines and it's great.

goeasy8
    I use AVG it is available at www.grisoft.com and its free. works great for me.

Dr. Eagle
    Originally posted by Scream
    $50? What are you downloading? The standard Norton is about $30 and is downloadable. The McAfee is a good product also and is comperable in price, it is also downloadable. If you purchase the "Internet Security" version, it's a bit more expensive, but it's also a pain in the ass to set up. I always use Norton on all my work machines and it's great.
    Norton is a great product. It costs about 30 to 50 bucks depending on features, but that is just for one year.
    McAfee... well... I have issues with McAfee. Maybe it is better now, but over the past 5 or 6 years all it would do is lock up my computers, and with some regularity.
    I switched to Trend Micros PC Cillin and love it, no problems at all and it updates itself. But it is 50 bucks for a one year subscription.
    The hell of it is that all of the companies are giving you a one year subscription and after that... it stops working unless you pay them another 30 or 50 bucks.

I have Norton on all 12 pcs here and it works great. $15 a year to renew. You get what you pay for. One virus infection can do more damage than 5 years of sub fees (here anyway).

bigq
    AVG is good has been able to catch whats new lately and it is free.
    One of the best is eset, but its not free.
    Nortons seems to work good, but it just uses a lot of resaurces is slower than most and is highly integrated.
    What ever you do get one fast and keep it updated.

HCS
    I pay for the ones that create their own viruses so you can keep
    paying them to get rid of um.

MagicMtnDan
    Norton yes
    McAfee no

Hustler
    Thanks everyone, I went ahead got the Norton. The cheapest program I could find was 49.99

Forkin' Crazy
    Screw Symantec. I have gotten viruses with its fully updated versions!
    McAfee works just fine. I have it on two machines at about $30 at Office Depot.
    If that doesn't change your mind, maybe this will:
    Symantec's liberal slant (http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/03/11/02...tid=153&tid=99)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast