Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cyclone, could you splain??

Blown 472
    Popular Hot Rodding's latest review of their engine masters dyno results are great. (For us.)
    You see, there's a pile of political bullshit that PHR is trying to lay on the world why we weren't allowed
    to compete in their contest. If you ask any of them you won't get the truth.
    Fact is I refuse to pay their unreal high prices to advertise. And seeing how we were first
    on their Pontiac list to promote, (remember the succesful FreeBird project car?) because our shop is
    an hour away from their offices, they figured we'd give in like everyone else they pimp
    and pay their monthly "we're friends" money. When I refused they thought they'd "hurt" us by putting their promoting machine muscle behind Jim Butler and acting like we never existed. You may have noticed the latest proof of this as their
    Feb. 2004 issue COVER car, Rex Gibsons beautiful '68 Firebird convertible featured on page 46 doesn't
    mention that we built Rex's engine. You can see our name on the valve cover.
    You can't make a silk's purse from a sow's ear, and no matter how much you try to promote
    someone that hasn't and can't do what you're claiming, the world will eventually find out.
    And with the release of this issue, Scott Parkhurst who came up with the Eng.Master idea
    proves to the world who is really the "leading edge" in Pontiac engine developement. Us.

cyclone
    Originally posted by Blown 472
    Popular Hot Rodding's latest review of their engine masters dyno results are great. (For us.)
    You see, there's a pile of political bullshit that PHR is trying to lay on the world why we weren't allowed
    to compete in their contest. If you ask any of them you won't get the truth.
    Fact is I refuse to pay their unreal high prices to advertise. And seeing how we were first
    on their Pontiac list to promote, (remember the succesful FreeBird project car?) because our shop is
    an hour away from their offices, they figured we'd give in like everyone else they pimp
    and pay their monthly "we're friends" money. When I refused they thought they'd "hurt" us by putting their promoting machine muscle behind Jim Butler and acting like we never existed. You may have noticed the latest proof of this as their
    Feb. 2004 issue COVER car, Rex Gibsons beautiful '68 Firebird convertible featured on page 46 doesn't
    mention that we built Rex's engine. You can see our name on the valve cover.
    You can't make a silk's purse from a sow's ear, and no matter how much you try to promote
    someone that hasn't and can't do what you're claiming, the world will eventually find out.
    And with the release of this issue, Scott Parkhurst who came up with the Eng.Master idea
    proves to the world who is really the "leading edge" in Pontiac engine developement. Us.
    not real sure what this person is trying to say but it sounds like someone peed in his wheaties. you draw your own conclusion as i'm sure you've already done.

Hotcrusader76
    It's cornflakes Mike not wheaties
    What are they paying you to SPAM us with Kellog products to? Geeze what's the cereal world coming too?:eek!:

Freak
    Blown - do you work at rock and roll?

Hmm, pontiac stuff. . . Jim Butler, use to make him rocker arms when I was at Omega. Sell him Rollmaster now.
    Chris

Blown 472
    Originally posted by Freak
    Blown - do you work at rock and roll?
    Nope,
    and cylcone you missed the whole point, here we have an engine builder who has articles in magazines talking about "friend money" funny is it not?

Sleek-Jet
    Are you saying engine builders and vendors are paying magazines to use their services... do tell!!

cyclone
    Originally posted by Blown 472
    Nope,
    and cylcone you missed the whole point, here we have an engine builder who has articles in magazines talking about "friend money" funny is it not?
    i knew exactly what your point was and after listening to you previously, i realized you are never going to change your mindset. Because of this, i'm not inclined argue the subject with you. Like i said before, go get a job at a magazine before you decide you know how every one of them operates. I could say whatever i want about any business but does that make it the truth? hmm...

superdave013
    Originally posted by Sleek-Jet
    Are you saying engine builders and vendors are paying magazines to use their services... do tell!!
    I have a freind with a dyno shop and I'll tell you right now that he does not pay the mags and they do not pay him.
    It's a big pain in the ass when they come over to his shop. He only lets them in the door because they make a referance to his shop in the write ups.

Sleek-Jet
    Originally posted by superdave013
    I have a freind with a dyno shop and I'll tell you right now that he does not pay the mags and they do not pay him.
    It's a big pain in the ass when they come over to his shop. He only lets them in the door because they make a referance to his shop in the write ups.
    I'm sure it's like every other business out there. Most (99%) of everyone is above board and plays by the rules. Sounds like your friend is in the majority.
    But there is always that element out there that has the "What's it worth to ya" mentality, it's to bad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast