Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: BERRYESSA IS BRIMMED (Pics)

LakesOnly
    Originally posted by Dr. Eagle
    Pictures of that thing always scared the crap out of me... Kind of like a bottomless pit...but with water in it!
    Not always, and it's a long way down when it's dry:
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...d_Edit-med.jpg
    Here's an aerial with the lake at a lower level:
    http://terraserver.microsoft.com/til...0&y=21315&z=10
    LO

acatitude
    Hey RIM keith and I go to berryessa a lot each summer. In fact we are planning a big weekend trip there in the middle of May, after mothers day. I will put a post on here when the dates are confirmed. Lots of big boats will be going , some might even be as fast as you ( or faster) if thats possible. would love to see ya make it down . YOu might be surprised at the hardware

ROZ
    Originally posted by LakesOnly
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/..._210_2-med.jpg
    LO
    Damn, That RiverDAVE gets around , don't he...
    Isn't there a fine for tagging?

NorCalCat
    Hey Blown,
    When are you planning on going. I am gonna be dialing in my new rig so I will be heading to Berryessa quite a bit. What is the best route and ramp to launch a 29'er? Comming form Marin...

dkreuzen
    Originally posted by LakesOnly
    Hello All,
    Did my actual launch at Putah Creek Resort. Look at lake level in these pics:
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/..._210_1-med.jpg
    LO
    Damm, I can remember launching at Putah when the water was a few hundred feet from the bottom end of the pavement of that ramp. We used the ramp as the parking lot!

acatitude
    norcal it all depends where you are coming from, Putah always has a bunch of flats and jets and they tend to leave their trailers on the ramp which is hard for us to launch the bigger boats. The group will probably stay at spanish flat or whatever is across from there , I forgot. Im in sac so i usually launch from pleasure cove cuzz its the closest to me . I will keep ya posted. I also think don pedro is the sight for memorial day if your ready. Look forward to seeing your ride.

Rock-it man
    Originally posted by blowncarrera
    Hey RIM keith and I go to berryessa a lot each summer. In fact we are planning a big weekend trip there in the middle of May, after mothers day. I will put a post on here when the dates are confirmed. Lots of big boats will be going , some might even be as fast as you ( or faster) if thats possible. would love to see ya make it down . YOu might be surprised at the hardware
    Not much planed yet for May except Memorial Day at Shasta so plan it and I will try to get down its not that far a drive looks like 6-7 hrs for me ,thats a piece of cake compared to Havasu or Parker,wheres the good motels close by ,im not a very good camper,I like aircond,soft bed,hot meals,no washing dishes,no bugs !!!!! etc .. I sure am picky huh !!!
    So were talking May 15 thats the weekend after mothers day ,looks good to me !!!! ((The Berryessa Boat Bash)) sponcered by Blown Carrera & Robbie Racer !!!!!!!!
    I cenceed there are many faster boats than me but probably not in the same class !!!! you have to compare apples to apples !!
    so when ya sick the Big Dogs after me ! lets keep it fair !!!! hehehe !!!! but after the Parker deal is posted they may not even come !!! heheh !! Im in !!!!!! lets go boating !!!!!!!!

LakesOnly
    Originally posted by NorCalCat
    Hey Blown,
    When are you planning on going. I am gonna be dialing in my new rig so I will be heading to Berryessa quite a bit. What is the best route and ramp to launch a 29'er? Comming form Marin...
    I doubt Blown472 will be at Berryessa anytime soon, as he lives about 2000 miles away and is literally surrounded by lakes where he lives. (Gotta get him out here this summer, though)
    The two widest ramps I am aware of are at Spanish Flat Resort and Putah Creek Resort. Spanish Flat puts your boat into a tiny cove that you can manuever out of with a 29-footer, whereas Putah Creek puts you into open water.
    As far as getting there--with a 29-footer--avoid taking Susiun Valley Road from highway 80, as the right-hander onto Hwy 121 will be impossible with your rig (Jetboat/V-drive guys: no problem for y'all). Might want to try taking 121 in from Napa, etc to Berryessa, BUT drive this road w/o boat first to be sure. Otherwise, you'll have to come in from the east side via Hwy 128 from Winters, CA.
    I will probably be there again next mid-week...beer in hand.
    LO
    LO

acatitude
    Geez RIM, now your worried about apples to apples, and same class, I never heard a guy speak so many languages as you, just bring it and run it, isnt that what you say?? or should I just say ok lets take all the 500 hp and below and thats my class for the real grocery getters? how many trophies you makin anyways?? see ya there

NorCalCat
    LakesOnly, Thanks for the info. I think I remember the big switch back like going to Emerald Bay in Tahoe. I will take a dry run before towing the road! What are you running? You frequent Berryessa?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast