Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: When in Doubt - Shotgun Scoop!

Danhercules
    Whats a puke tank? Is that like a waste gate for a turbo motor?

hack job
    Originally posted by Danhercules
    Whats a puke tank? Is that like a waste gate for a turbo motor?
    a puke tanks catchs blow by( oil out of the breathers) and put its in a tank.mike use to just put it all over the back of his boat.

cyclone
    Originally posted by Big Proppa
    All I can Say is - This is going to be a great f%#kin summer - can't wait to see it in person
    I've been daydreaming about floating down the river with a beer in hand watching the boats fly by since december. cant wait for summer to get here. is yours together yet?

cyclone
    Originally posted by cs19
    Lookin good! I was wondering about that puke tank too, why so high up? Just curious.I cant believe how tall that motor is, looks bad ass.
    I hear it makes good power too, looks like Cyclones gonna have a good summer.
    Man you guys keep steppin it up a notch. If you dont have 1000 horse for this summer you aint chit.
    The tank is up that high for two reasons. First is that the motor doesn't have a huge amount of blowby. If you look closely at the valve covers, i installed the bungs directly over a rocker arm instead of in between them. I really screwed that up because when the engines running i get oil squirting right into the Pan E Vac hoses and at high rpm the headers were scavenging the oil out and tossing onto the transom of the boat. So installed the puke tank and bolting it to the rear carb studs was the easiest location. I also figured the higher i installed it, the less likely ill have oil blowing out of the breathers.

cyclone
    Originally posted by Jim Brock
    Is there room for the coastguard flame arresters in there,? Jim
    Jim- if you look closely you'll see the flame arrestors inside the scoop. Actually you'll probably notice the flame arrestor housings, but the mesh has all been removed from them to improve airflow.

cyclone
    Originally posted by Infomaniac
    Wow that is way cool.
    I guess the Superchiller discussion was successful.
    Nothin like a blower belt screaming in your face if in the back seats.
    The discussion did help my decision. Figured it would be good insurance since i never know how good the gas coming out of the pumps on the river is. I've notice its usually got quite a bit of water in it.

cyclone
    Originally posted by MikeF
    Looks like you're gonna move a "little" more water this year!
    Any speed guestimate's yet? I'm gonna go w/ 111!
    ive got some idea but i'm unsure. It will be interesting to see what adding an extra 150lbs and moving the motor forward 1.5-inches does to boats performance. i'm hoping the additional hp will make up for it.

HBjet
    I say 97.8mph...
    HBjet:yuk:

cyclone
    25 mph in reverse!

Hotcrusader76
    Wow Mike...the motor looks absolutely killer!
    Are you running the motor's fuel system with a Holley blue only? Or is there some other back-up pump we don't know about?
    ~Ty

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast