Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: When in Doubt - Shotgun Scoop!

cyclone
    i've got one Holley "black" fuel pump to feed it. I think its enough but maybe you can shed some light on this. I think the pump is rated to 140 gph???

Jim Anderson
    That boat is gonna be fast. Are you at all worried about the handling characteristics of the hull with the new found power? I can't wait to see it run. Maybe we will see you at the river.

Bense468
    hows the taco stand jim LOL
    By the way cyclone looks good. What made you decide on a weiand? Just curious. Have you dynoed it yet?

cyclone
    Originally posted by Jim Anderson
    That boat is gonna be fast. Are you at all worried about the handling characteristics of the hull with the new found power? I can't wait to see it run. Maybe we will see you at the river.
    I've talked to a few racers who say the hull is safe to 120 mph. I wont be going that fast but still, i bought a jet-a-way just to be on the safe side. Ill be at the river all summer long so i'll see you there!

cyclone
    Originally posted by Bense468
    hows the taco stand jim LOL
    By the way cyclone looks good. What made you decide on a weiand? Just curious. Have you dynoed it yet?
    Thanks jeff. The weiand's are fairly cheap and they work excellent for my application. The motor was dyno'd last week and is back in the boat. i'm re-rigging stuff now in an attempt to make the march race.

Bense468
    Nice that will be good to see it run ming in March. I will be there.
    I was looking at mooneyhams, littlefields, and kind of looking at BDS and Blowershops but they are all pretty expensive. I know that weiands are cheaper, but I heard from a guy that runs a lot of blower motors that the snout drives are weak on them. They break I guess. I am not sure how much work you got to be putting into the blower to make that happen, but was wondering what persuaded you. Have you heard anything about this at all?
    I don't know I will probably end up going with a Mooneyham or Littlefield because from the few guys I know that do blower motors, they all like them. They have been around for a long time. If I find a good deal on a BDS I might go that route. I am in no hurry so we will see.

cyclone
    i have spoken with some people at Holley and they changed several things on those blowers, particulary the castings for the manifolds. Not sure about the snout though. I'm running really low boost but i'm not sure if that makes a difference either. I wonder what kind of stress would break it? pulley size or other?

Bense468
    Yeah I don't know. I was told to stay away from them. I would like to know myself. It is a big purchase and I do see the difference between Mooneyham and Littlefields price wise, just not sure how much of that goes into name. I would think if you are running a bigger pully on that thing and running pretty mild you should be fine. If you were spinning it up and running on alcohol that might be a different story.

cyclone
    i should be fine then i guess.

Bense468
    I think you should too. This might be something we could bring up over in the blower motor section. Maybe somone on here has experience with this problem. Just out of curiosity.
    What kind of speeds are you looking for? If you are not going to turn it too much, I am guessing 103 just for shit and giggles.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast