Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Son's School.

OGShocker
    Thanks! I am on my way...

RJ Nordic
    As a school administrator my hat's off to all you dads that visit the school and spend time with your kids.
    Go out on the playground and shoot some hoops, play jumprope, handball, or 4 square. Watch all the kids come over and want to play with you.
    So many of our kids have no positive male role model in their lives, this is a great time for both of you.

Take along your child's favorite book and ask the teacher if you can read it together to the class.
    Ask what the school is doing for "Read Across America Day", be a part of it.:idea2:

Scream
    Take advantage of it while you can. When they get into Jr High and High School, all bets are off. They'll even to remind you that it's back to school night the day after.

Ziggy
    OG thats frickin great man---you won't regret it for a second.
    My daughter thrives on it when I take her to school or go to events at school with her..done a handfull of father/daughter dances, special events, etc..The school is planning a father/daughter sleep over in the near future--can't wait.

MRS FLYIN VEE
    Hey OG how was your day at school? Hope it was good..

ROZ
    Originally posted by MRS FLYIN VEE
    Hey OG how was your day at school? Hope it was good..
    Yea, meet too...
    Maybe he's not back from detention yet?

redneckgirl
    OG So how did you like it? I work in our kids class every week, I spend 1 hour in each kids class, my employer is great and lets me do it. I have been doing it for 3 years now, we have a son in 4th grade and daughter in 1st grade. It is the best thing I have ever done. You get to know the teachers and the kids, so if there is a problem you understand the personalities of everyone and can make a better judgement. Keep it up The kids love it and so do the teachers. I am sure it will end quickly for me, sixth grade is coming soon...:yuk: :yuk:
    RNG

hboldno7
    When i was in 2nd grade my Dad came into my class dressed as good ole Abe lincoln. he was a prop for a history project. When I am a dad some day, I will try my best to be as good of a dad as mine has been.

JustMVG
    i do it all the time for my girls, if they have an event or in class thing, they ask and i go, schedule permitting that is, i have a great time, glad to see that more of you do this too.
    Mike VG

Kindsvater Flat
    I don't do the classroom thing but I haven't missed a field trip since he was in kindergarden. Its a blast then. In may his class is going to san francisco for a week.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast