Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cell Phones - Havasu

Ziggy
    My Verizon seems to work anywhere around town, bounces in/out of extended network but never get any roaming charges on the bill. Can't get voicemails if on extended tho. Same goes for on the lake with the expected dead spots in coves and such. The quality of phone may make a difference cuz my wifes phone works very sporadically all around Havasu.
    Sorry I didn't have any direct info on T-mobile Don't know anyone using it out that way personally.

SoCalOffshore
    I have at&t and it is on roam all over Havasu.

Havasubum
    we have sprint and the service is good both on the way to havasu and on the lake it works to. i was able to make a phone at the sandbar and it was crystal clear. never have gone into roaming out in havasu always had service

XTRM22
    I have Tmobile and it works ok in Havasu, lots...Lots!! of dead or weak signal spots. It's pretty good around town although the signal at my house on the south side is spotty. Great signal in the channel, but nothing above the mouth of the river or down towards the springs. Good luck with yours
    Chuck

BoatPI
    Recently I have used AT& T, Sprint, and Nextel in Havasu and PArker, through Rice ROad. AT& T is by far the best reception in nealrly all areas. From the sandbar to out on Rice Road. A few miles of weak spots on Rice. Nextel is good in Havasu, but is out of service from the overhead power lines near the speedway at the south side of town . NO service until I-10. About 80 miles.
    Sprint is not bad in Havasu, gets no service out of town south until Parker, and is excellent leaving north. Works on most of I-40 and I-10.
    AT& T is on Extended area in Havasu. So if you do not have the Regional plan, or Nationwide plan, it's 35 cents a minute. Not good. Sprint might be the best.
    I have a new Sprint PCS Tri Mode phone, that romas free to all compatable systems, including analog. It is about five dollars more per month for this service. Works very well.

Essex502
    Originally posted by Ziggy
    My Verizon seems to work anywhere around town, bounces in/out of extended network but never get any roaming charges on the bill. Can't get voicemails if on extended tho. Same goes for on the lake with the expected dead spots in coves and such. The quality of phone may make a difference cuz my wifes phone works very sporadically all around Havasu.
    Sorry I didn't have any direct info on T-mobile Don't know anyone using it out that way personally.
    My Verizon roams anywhere beyond Goffs Road on the I-40 going to Havasu and in all of AZ. This is with a plan that supposedly is coast to coast - NOT! Paid $80 for about 10 calls when when first built our house in Havasu during the week that the phone company was late (by a week) in installing the land lines. We do get connected in most of the major areas but spotty disconnects all over town. We can connect from Steamboat and Havasu Springs.

BoatPI
    It seems that AT% T Regional Plan, if still avaialble may be best. If this is not available, the Sprint PCS plan that permits roaming and a new tri mode phone is it. A basic plan is 300 minutes for $39, plus unlimited night and weekends. Nationwide long distance included and grnerally a free phone. For an extra $5 the nights begin at 7 PM. Not a bad deal.

Ziggy
    Originally posted by Essex502
    My Verizon roams anywhere beyond Goffs Road on the I-40 going to Havasu and in all of AZ. This is with a plan that supposedly is coast to coast - NOT! Paid $80 for about 10 calls when when first built our house in Havasu during the week that the phone company was late (by a week) in installing the land lines. We do get connected in most of the major areas but spotty disconnects all over town. We can connect from Steamboat and Havasu Springs.
    I drive up from the 10 and Rice with coverage everywhere with a very occasional momentary lost signal here and there. I also will loose signal for a moment here and there along AZ95 paralelling the Parker Strip(probably cuz the mnts) but otherwise mine seems to work all the way into Havasu and all over Havasu. Maybe I have a lucky phone with good reception because like I said earlier my wifes phone doesn't work nearly as well. I have the Nationwide plan and free LongDist.-Have yet to see a roaming charge from any of my calls out there whether on Verizons network or the Extended network(which is analog BTW).

Essex502
    Originally posted by Ziggy
    I drive up from the 10 and Rice with coverage everywhere with a very occasional momentary lost signal here and there. I also will loose signal for a moment here and there along AZ95 paralelling the Parker Strip(probably cuz the mnts) but otherwise mine seems to work all the way into Havasu and all over Havasu. Maybe I have a lucky phone with good reception because like I said earlier my wifes phone doesn't work nearly as well. I have the Nationwide plan and free LongDist.-Have yet to see a roaming charge from any of my calls out there whether on Verizons network or the Extended network(which is analog BTW).
    It could be my older Motorola Star-Tac phone as well...I just don't use it enough to justify replacing it. Don't need color, or games, or web access, or whatever B.S. the new phones can do! I just need it to dial a number and make sounds that I understand to be someone on the line!

monkey rage frank
    I have at&t . Seems to great recep. in Havasu and Laughlin, but is always on roam which reems me up the ass in charges. I think anytime you are on roam you will get good service because your paying so damn much. My service here in L.A. area sucks because you get free min. I think I'll be changing. I bought a place in Bullhead any info about phones there?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast