Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arizona Law Regarding Abandoned Property

C-2
    Originally posted by 91nordic29
    what is the law regarding selling/getting rid of someone's personal property because they wont remove it from your home?
    I see how you are, trying to get rid of the ole' hubby huh?
    LOL
    Seriously, you have to be somewhat careful with abandoned personal property. Here in Cali (and most states have similar laws) you have to post a Notice of Abandonment, publish it in the newspaper and then follow it up with an auction, unless the value of the property is deemed to be less than $300, which is set at garage sale prices. Believe it or not, pets are considered personal property too….and have to be cared for during the entire process.
    You might search AZ under eviction and storage facility laws, which should get you some hits.
    “Self help” doctrines are numerous and usually hard to find…until a plaintiff points them out to you in a lawsuit. “Self help” is disregarding the law and throwing the personal property out on the curb, or similarly, throwing the tenant out on the curb without any legal process.
    A storage facility starts the process by sending a Certified letter, then posting the property, then publishing a noticed sale in the newspaper and ultimately having a public auction at the time/date given in the published notice.
    You would be surprised to know how many people have $100K cash, Rolex’s and diamond rings, family heirlooms that can’t be replaced, grandma’s ashes etc. etc. etc. in that box of what appeared to be trash. Yeah right, but that’s usually what they claim as soon as you dispose of the property, and thus the reason and requirements for being so careful.

91nordic29
    Originally posted by Ziggy
    I think his signature line would be a hint but it can be easy to do.....Like Kim, he gets mistaken now and then
    well, it could have been a chick who admits she is easy!!

91nordic29
    it is actually my sister - in - law's problem. he ex husband says he can't get his "stuff" out yet and needs more time. . their divorce has been final for over 6 mos. i dont know if he is telling her that he doesnt have enough room or what, but... i did some research (county recorder, online) and have found that he has bought a home with another woman, some time ago. i am sure that he hasnt told her that and i dont know if i should tell her. but she needs him to get his shi, er stuff out.
    whew!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12