Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vacant Havasu Lots for sale

moneypit
    No problem. I will give more info by early next week. I will be going out next weekend and I will be taking photos to post. FYI there are around 93 lots available.
    Dave

JetBoatRich
    Originally posted by moneypit
    No problem. I will give more info by early next week. I will be going out next weekend and I will be taking photos to post. FYI there are around 93 lots available.
    Dave
    93, we can build a little HotCommunity homes

AzDon
    Over the 13 years I have lived in Havasu there has been quite a bit in the newspaper about ownership disputes on that side of the lake. There are 1 or several (I'm not sure) colonies on the California side that were established before the Chemhuevi reservation was established. I'm not sure if they were homesteaded or if clear title was established.... I know that the Santa Fe railroad originally claimed blanket title to a lot of property in this area.
    My recollection is that the tribe has been ceded title to ALL the property that these settlements are on and that those homeowners that have not signed leases with the tribe are unable to leave their property unattended for fear of being locked out when they return. Whether it's right or wrong, the Indians seem to be holding the winning cards!
    If it is only 3 or 4 miles north of Havasu Landing, I believe that it is on the reservation. The only paved access on that side of the lake to hwy 95 is through the reservation.
    I would suggest being very careful about buying anything over there and would do it only if a title company/ title insurance is part of the deal, and only ifaccess to the property can't be blocked.

roln 20s
    What would you expect the difference to be between the 10K lot and the 150K lot? If they are within a few thousand sq ft of each other, I think I will take the 10K lot
    Thanks for posting this info- definately look forward to reading more.
    Roln 20s

moneypit
    AZDon,
    I know that the owner will be selling the property through a title company.
    From what I have learned so far is that this land is owned out right. I also beleive that the railroad had something to do with this area of land also. What I mean access to this land would be through the railroad area. (I will be looking more into this.)
    The indians have tried in the past to block entering these properties, but they have been unsuccessful since all papers are legal. Something to do with the railroad. The owner has copies of al the paperwork.
    I talked to a resident of this area today on the phone and he said that there hasnt been any problems with the indians in quite a long time. He also explained that he believes that this land will be a good investment for the future.
    I agree that caution should be taken with regards to this property. Thats why I am doing as much research as I can prior to purchase.
    If you come across any more information, I would appreciate it.
    Dave

Dug this back up again... anyone ever get the real deal on this?

prosthogod
    I didn't see this before but it sounds interesting. I would be interested in the facts and figures.

Ducatista
    Didn't somebody on the boards get shot at by some crazy Injun lookin at these lots last year??? Does sound interesting Moneypit...worth lookin into.

rivrbrat
    Are you talking about the North Estates Lots?

rivrbrat
    If you don't mind me asking what is the property owners name is? I think I know her. thanks

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast