Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mexico

AdrenelineOD
    They hate us because we have the balls to take over the government if they try to fu@# with us

Havasu Cig
    Trojan Dan,
    I am not trying to get down on the Mexican people, only relaying what I heard.
    I heard this from two separate stations, and they had quotes from a Mexican representative defending the actions of the crowd. Mr. Gonzalez, who was the official interviewed, said that the crowd was trying to intimidate the American team, and went on to say how our foriegn policy is flawed.
    One of the shows was the Orielly Factor, and he is supposed to have a report on it tonight on his T.V. show.
    The other station is a local one here in San Diego. They both reported the same facts so I doubt they were just a few fans in the crowd. The report said the U.S. players were shocked by the experience.
    You guys can believe what you want, but I believe the story.
    We are a welfare net for mexico and this is the thanks we get. I say shut down the F@$king border with the military. When the $$$ stops flowing back into Mexico from the States we will see how they sink into further poverty. Just my opinion, but this $hit really pisses me off.

CA Stu
    "Give us your poor, your tired, your huddled masses yearning to be free....." unless they boo during our national anthem, then f*ck you, I'll kick your ass!! No more free money for you! Die! Starve! Who the hell do you think you are?!?!? I am an American and therefore I rule! How dare you not bow down before my national anthem!!!!
    Puh-leeze. It's just a f*cking sporting event. I don't think it was intended as a big slap right in your face, they just want to support their soccer team and are acting like hooligans. Big deal.
    Holy tempest in a teapot Batman!
    Thanks
    CA Stu

Havasu Cig
    Tell that $hit to the family members of the 3000 people that were killed on 9/11. How do you think they would feel about Usama's name being chanted????
    Save your liberal $hit for someone that cares.

sam pioske
    Yea what cig said!!!!!!!!!

CA Stu
    They would probably feel pretty sad and angry. And I agree, it's pretty chickenshit to chant "Bin Laden".
    However, if you had any idea about soccer matches and the mentality of fans, you'd realize that it wasn't a personal attack on the family members of the Twin Towers' victims. It's a different kind of culture, and you are taking the whole thing way out of context. You are applying your values to a situation and place where htey don't apply.
    Where do you get off calling me a liberal just because I feel your post was small minded and reeked of the "Ugly American" stereotype?
    There is a whole world outside of Southern California, HC, that doesn't go by or even give a crap about our morals and values. I'm sure you understand that we can't really measure the whole world by our standards.
    I didn't bring the subject up, you did.
    Do I think the crowd's behavior sucks? Of course I do. But that's par for the course at soccer matches, especially international ones. I reckon the USA hasn't experienced enough of them yet to understand it.
    I lived in London England for 12 years, I have a basic understanding of what soccer fans think and how they behave.
    It's not a personal attack.
    If you didn't want a rebuttal, I'm sorry.
    Cheers
    CA Stu

DogHouse
    You say:
    Originally posted by CA Stu
    They would probably feel pretty sad and angry. And I agree, it's pretty chickenshit to chant "Bin Laden".
    And then this:
    It's not a personal attack.
    How you figure it's not personal? Sounds pretty damn personal to me. If it wasn't meant to be personal, then those are some pretty f'n stupid people to think that chanting that scumbag's name was a good idea. F_ck Mexico if that's the way they think...

Havasu Cig
    Ca Stu,
    I was going to rebutte your post, but what's the point. I am not going to change your mind.
    I just watched the story on Orielly, and it was the majority of the crown booing our anthem by the way. They had video / audio footage.
    Everybody can make up their own mind on the issue, I think you know where I stand.

missboatnam1
    i think that really sucks!! i go to mexico all the time and that really pisses me off!!! i never thought for a minute they would go against americans.....i thought they were a little smarter than that.... :yuk:

CA Stu
    I guess the thing that tripped my trigger about this whole thread may have been the title. If it was entitled "Mexican Soccer fan assholes" instead of "Mexico", I wouldn't have been offended.
    It seems pretty obvious to me that the behavior of a very small minority of Mexicans at a soccer match is not a clear indicator of how the general populace feels. Otherwise, you could attribute the behavior of the contingent of overzealous, drunk Raider fans to America as a whole. Which is ridiculous, isn't it.
    I reckon taking the whole country to task for the actions of a small group of individuals is patently unreasonable and smacks of racism and xenophobia.
    Thanks
    CA Stu <-- doesn't mind a good argument.
    PS Everyone take a deep breath now.....
    PPS If you're all PO'ed at me, go ahead and PM me.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast