Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what wax

mbrown2
    Simply Z Best Wax - Carnuba Liquid...stuff works great...goes on easy and comes off easy......now if I could just figure out what will keep the water spots off anodized billet..

rivercrazy
    I hear you on the waterspots on the billet stuff..... The only thing I've used with great success is Mcquires Polish and elbow grease. A solution of vinegar and water works good to but it seems like its hard on the finish.

mbrown2
    RCrazy, ditto.....the vin/water seems harsh...and the only thing that does better is the Z-Best with a lot of rubbing....almost seems if they came out with something with more oil in it might have that glazed or shiny appearance to it after cleaning..

boxscore
    say mike... lemme know what's gonna work best taking the spots off those steps. When I asked the boys at the shop, their best response was to take them off after every season and have them re-plated. There's gotta be a better way!

mbrown2
    Box,
    Those guys were not too far away from the truth....I try my best to keep wax on them after each outing, so they have wax on them when they go back in the water, but its a losing battle at best...just get them detailed couple times a season to keep them looking new....
    Also, don't worry, they always look new when they are wet

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12