Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Blowin' Water

Sangerboy
    Originally posted by Kindsvater Flat
    Detailed just for you buddy!! Sometimes its just hard to explain farmer engineering.
    I understood it........ I think

VD CRUISER
    Did that diagram show 2 -8 pickups going into a -10 and into the pump? Wouldn't 2 pickups provide more pressure and volume than needed. I only use 1 -10 pickup for my blown deal and it runs about 120-130 deg.

Snowboat
    At that rpm you're hauling ass. Are you positive where the water is leaking from? Do you have a trusted passenger, or are you looking yourself?

Kindsvater Flat
    We both looked. If anything I have an onboard fire suppresion system.

DansBlown73Nordic
    My 66 Stevens has a 402 in it. Ever since I bought it water has leaked out of the front of the heads. I pulled the motor apart once and had the heads and block surfaced. I put it all back together. For the first couple times out it was fine. The next thing I know water is seeping out under the heads.....:eek!:
    I have run it for four years this way. It has never gotten a drop of water in the oil. I should say this only makes some bubbles, not enough to take a shower.....
    I run a electric pump from a camper. It works GREAT. If I was to show you guys that plumbing job you would all laugh like HELL. It is a set-up that uses a car style water pump.
    I will look and see if I have a picture of the set-up.

DansBlown73Nordic
    This is the only picture I can find...

DansBlown73Nordic
    I run logs on this boat normally. I got these headers and wanted to try them out. So did a quick plumbing job to use them. I don't want you guys thinking it looks like that all the time....
    The cooling parts are Aeromarine? I think that is what it is called. It has a regular automotive pump that helps circulate the water through the motor.
    Originally it had a belt driven Neovane pump that pump the water to the motor. At some time in its life someone decided to use a electric camper water pump. It works really good. I have run it dry lots of times. So far it has never skipped a beat......

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234