Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Islander RV Park???

OutCole'd
    Who has a place there? How is it? Can you rent a place just for the Summer months?
    Lets get some opinions..

randy77zt
    i would like some opinions of rv park section.i will be camping in my van there last week of april.are showers and restrooms clean?crazy horse issnt that great and they charge a lot.

boater
    i have stayed at the islander several times it is great but they have a 2 year waiting list to get a spot for the whole summer. it depends what your looking for the crazy horse is more of a wild party place I have had a few friends stay there and always get something stolen. good look

Havasu Luvr
    I have stayed at Havasu Falls RV Park. It is way out of the way (north end of town) but it is VERY clean and new. Price is right (approx $30) with pool, clubhouse, laundry room and VERY clean restrooms & showers, very quite too.

BoatFloating
    We did monthly at Crazy Horse and had no problems last year what's so ever. They cracked down on the crap but still let you have fun unlike the Islander or Beachcomber. You make one wrong move at either one of those places they will throw you out and keep all your money since they make you pay for your entire stay before you get there. We are doing Crazy Horse again this year April-Sept.

Ducatista
    OutCole'd my wife & I have been at the Islander for the last 6 years. For the first 3 years we did the six month summer lease from May to October, and now we are there year round. There has been alot of turnover lately, so the waiting list, if there is one, is shrinking. We lease an RV space that houses the toys, but there are also manufactured homes in the park to rent or buy depending upon availability. It is a very nice facility, and is very safe. It has a private launch ramp and docks for the guests to use which is really nice, especially on the busy summer weekends. They run it like it was Fort Knox, and are very strict on enforcing their rules. Many people have been kicked out, several are over at the Beachcomer now. Maybe we are just better at not getting caught! It's funny though, we have no problems with the rules, and we have a great time with plenty of fun for all. All of us are just a golf cart ride away, as long as you come to a complete stop at the stop signs! (one of the rules) You're kinda in your own world once you are there, which is very safe for the kids and toys etc. They have a limited number of sites that they reserve for short timers, a week or 2, and the rest of the RV spaces are annual or simi-annual. Thats the basic Islander 101 class....now no speeding in the golf carts!!!!!!!

OutCole'd
    Thanks for all the info.!!!

syke-o
    Originally posted by BoatFloating
    We did monthly at Crazy Horse and had no problems last year what's so ever. They cracked down on the crap but still let you have fun unlike the Islander or Beachcomber. You make one wrong move at either one of those places they will throw you out and keep all your money since they make you pay for your entire stay before you get there. We are doing Crazy Horse again this year April-Sept.
    What do they charge you per month, and is it a mobile home you are renting or a space for an RV?? Just curious, as i have camped many times at crazy horse.....

BoatFloating
    Originally posted by syke-o
    What do they charge you per month, and is it a mobile home you are renting or a space for an RV?? Just curious, as i have camped many times at crazy horse.....
    It is $275 a month plus electric and that's for a full hook up site. We have a 40' motor home that we keep there.

syke-o
    Originally posted by BoatFloating
    It is $275 a month plus electric and that's for a full hook up site. We have a 40' motor home that we keep there.
    thanks for the info.... do they rent the mobile homes there as well???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast