Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Islander RV Park???

BoatFloating
    Originally posted by syke-o
    thanks for the info.... do they rent the mobile homes there as well???
    They do rent what they call park models. They are a single or a double wide mobile home. Not sure the prices on those.

Salty Cracker
    Originally posted by BoatFloating
    We did monthly at Crazy Horse and had no problems last year what's so ever. They cracked down on the crap but still let you have fun unlike the Islander or Beachcomber. You make one wrong move at either one of those places they will throw you out and keep all your money since they make you pay for your entire stay before you get there. We are doing Crazy Horse again this year April-Sept.
    I have to agree with BF on some points, we do the April-Sept thing at the Beachcomberand I believe they all work the same way as far as the rentals.
    The crazy horse is more of a party all the time place, the people are nice there, but the wife couldn't stand the thousands of gnats when I was there.
    On the other hand, the Islander is very strict with everything, you cant have overnight guest or visitors unless they pay (per person) and you have to pay extra to use the slips. The one advantage with that is the security knows whos there and no one ****s with your stuff!!
    There are a few reasons I chose the Beachcomber out of the three, first it is a little more mellow than the crazy horse(better for the little ones), but not nearly as strict as the islander. We have had some pretty good partys until 2-3am, and as long as we weren't out of control, there was no problem. The staff @ the Beachcomber seems to be a little more friendly, Free boat slips on a first come, first served basis, and I almost forgot, on weekend nights Site Six is in walking distance(with a 12 pack) for the free dumb-ass show, starring the drunk-asses who try to pull their boats out of the water, but usually end up in a fight with the old lady or dragging their drive on the ground (free drunken entertainment)
    Good luck!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12