Thread: not enough bow lift!!!!!!

blaster2
    This is my first year with my 95 Mariah 2350Z. I realize this is not the most aggressive hull design but feel the the 502 Mag. E.F.I. should be pushing my wannabe sleeper to the other side of the lake a bit quicker. I have a feeling this is due to a relativley level ride. I would like to dump some $$$ into it in the future but fear it would be wasted wages without getting the nose up a bit. Anyone know of a way to achieve this?

gnarley
    Start with your prop, it should be the single biggest effect on performance you can make and can give bow lift if thatÂ’s what you need. Tell us what your current setup is & someone will make a suggestion for a new blade. You could just put a blower on it now then change the prop as the final icing on the cake rather than changing the prop before engine mods then again after.

XLGPP
    Do like I did....
    GET RID OF THE MARIAH!!!
    j/k I used to have a 95 Mariah and there was nothing I could do short of changing out most of the internal motors components like pistons, rings, etc... and putting a small blower on it, and even that would not give you much help.. truth is, mariah makes a VERY heavy hull (at least in 95) and it was not stepped to help that deep v out of the water. I bit the bullet and spent alot of $ for a nice boat... But there are alot of great deals out there on good boats if speed is what you are interested in. IMO, that boat is not worth what it would cost to upgrade the motor, and drive (more hp needs beefier drive) for not much more performance.

superV
    Run a 26p Stainless with a cup to it. The cup will help the bow lift! Good Luck...