Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Can a prop give bow lift???

RiverToysJas
    My "cab-forward" style open bow has a CG that doesn't allow it to fully get back on the delta pad and air out the hull (at least with my big ass in the driver's seat). The fairly aggressive steps on my hull help a lot but I'd like to break water a little further back, if I can.
    I've heard of some props help with bow lift. Is that true? Are there props that could help get more of my hull out of the water?
    I'm happy with my performance, but would be willing to play around and see if there's a better prop for my situation.
    I'm running a 22" Bravo 4-blade right now. After 20hours, I'll probably be switching up to a 24" Bravo 4-blade and also trying a few other props. I'm sure most of you know, but it's a Lavey Craft 21' XTSki with a 496Mag.
    Thanks for any suggestions you guys may have.
    RTJas
    [ January 14, 2003, 07:22 PM: Message edited by: RiverToysJas ]

rivercrazy
    I'm a newby along with Jason so I have some of the same questions. What I've read in a few places is generally speaking, a 4 blade gives you more stern left and a 3 blade more bow lift. Is this on the right track?

playdeep
    RTJ,
    call Bob Teague and see if he has any NOS Mach patriots left.
    For 200.oo bucks it makes for a good speed run,spare prop.
    I used to run them on my last two 25 Eliminator eagle's.They were the hot ticket before merc came out with the bravo1 series.
    The only down side is that they have a propensity to pitch a blade after a while.

Havasu Hangin'
    Yeah...what those guys said.
    3 blades are usually faster on the top end. I'd try a 3 blade 23" or 25" for a top-end prop.
    I know a prop guy if you wanna try some out.
    [ January 15, 2003, 03:39 AM: Message edited by: Havasu Hangin' ]

77charger
    A good thumb on the trim button,An extra shot of nos ,a good wake,get the fat chicks to the back of the boat eek! ,ghost driving(you sit in the back), a droop snoot(oh i forgot you dont have a jet no more) ,let me drive it for you since i weigh 90 pounds wet, , And maybe a three blade prop.

RiverToysJas
    77charger:
    A...get the fat chicks to the back of the boat eek! ...The only thing that's fat on the chicks in my boat is their attitude! wink
    RTJas

Infomaniac
    I still have my Blueprinted Quicksilver Mirage 3 blade 27p. What an awesome prop. Would fly the nose of my 21' Seebold pad V. Takes a lot of rake for bow lift.

RiverToysJas
    Infomaniac:
    Takes a lot of rake for bow lift. Rake in the shape of the prop?
    RTJas

77charger
    What is rake?would that be in the angle of the blades?

Havasu Hangin'
    RiverToysJas:
    Rake in the shape of the prop?Rake is how far the ears are set back...past the end of the hub creates a twisting..

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast