Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Supermarket Strikers

BADBLOWN572
    My friend got into it with a striker about a week or so ago. He was walking into the store and a striker blocked his way. He calmly told the striker to step aside so he can shop. The striker got all huffy puffy and said "don't you understand our cause?" My friend said that he understanded their cause but he did not care about it. The striker got all pissed and started yelling at my friend. My friend said right back to him, "If it is so bad, why don't you go out and get a real job versus standing on the corner waving a sign and getting paid." He proceeded to tell the striker exactly what he thought about their strike and that it is B.S. Everyone else pays for their own health care. He told the guy that they are all pissed because their handouts and "welfare" is going away and they are bitter because they will have to start paying for something that they should have paid for from the beginning. He then told the guy to get a reality check and pushed his way past the guy.
    When my friend came out of the store, there was a cop waiting for him and the guy who stopped him was there saying that my friend was "harassing" the strikers and that they were minding their own business. The cop said that they respond to the location ever time the striker that stopped my friend is present. The cop said that the one striker tries to get customers to the point that they assault him and then he attempts to press charges to gain publicity. Even though they have no right to stop a person from shopping at a location.

FletchMonster
    Between the bad behavior of the strikers and the greed of the stores, we don't plan on going back to any of the involved stores after this thing is resolved.

Buff
    What do you people want - to go back to the pre-union days of labor? If these companies are allowed to treat labor as they want we will will regress a hundred years. The only reason modern management pays decent wages is the pressure of Union reciprocity. Do you want to go back to sub-standard wages - namely unskilled workers working for wages that will make it impossible to buy houses and autos and the like. This permanent underclass will proliferate in poverty and crime .
    Sure - learn a skill - well the fact is that most workers for what ever reasons do not possess a marketable skill. They are relegated to making a living for their families with their backs. Shall they be excluded from the American Dream? (Home ownership) Of course not. Management, by definition is out to maximize their profits. They must have a counter-force to keep them from becoming the conscienceless money-making monsters they once were before the rise of the unions. True enough however, the unions, once effective insturments for fairness, have metamorphosed into seriously corrupt and inept institutions. But I for one would rather work to restructure the unions than put my faith and my family's future ino the hands of unchecked business owners. I for one will continue repect any picketeer's line. Yes, we are inconvienced, but those on the line could be friends or family in the future. Sorry for the rambling - buf

welk2party
    No matter what the issues are, the strikers will never recover from the lost time. Should they get everything they wanted from this strike, they still end up worse off due to the time off.

NOTALENT
    if they chased me out.. I would start dropping people..and bust out the mace...screw that shit...I agree that the full time 40hr a week workers should get what they deserve but if ur not doing the full time then screw u...!!!

superdave013
    I now shop Von's all the time.
    My wife used to do all the shopping but did get harrassed by strikers once. Now we both go together and I'll tell you what. The people that she pointed out to me that were giving her a hard time are to big of a pussy to say anything to me. And the funny thing is that I'm far from a bad ass.

NOTALENT
    lol...thats funny...If we get harrased by picketers can we call the cops..and file a complaint??? and have them arrested? I have gone there a few times and when they started on me I try to provoke them to do something..Just I can go after them legally..lol maybe I can sue the union.

rivercrazy
    The days of Unions are numbered. They outlived their usefullness back in the 20's and 30's. There are more than adequate worker protections under the current laws.
    In fact, Union's hurt workers more than help them. The current grocery situation is a perfect example of that

Tom Slick
    This whole strike deal is rediclous. First off you have over paid under educated people that are working under the union in these stores. The only reason that they are out there picketing is because most of them don't have the skills to get another job that pays anywhere near what the grocery stores pay. I for one would like to know how in the hell these people are even paying their bills right now? And what do they think is going to happen when this whole thing is over? Are these people going to greet us with a big smile on their face when we go back into their stores as if nothing happened? I for one am not going to be to thrilled having to deal with the same employees that only days earlier were yelling at me not to shop at their store. Get a life and get areal job like the rest of us. Pay your own health insurance like the rest of us and get on with your life people.

CA Stu
    The strikers should all gay-marry each other on Valentine's Day, sneak across the border illegally and go apply for welfare in Mexico, where they can put massive amounts of golf cart batteries in their boats, crank the USA national anthems on their huge watt stereos and boo while drinking margaritas. Then they can sell the video for $50 a whack on gayeexpatriatestrikersonwelfarewhohatetheUSA.com

CA Stu

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast