Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Supermarket Strikers

Ziggy
    Originally posted by C-2
    Yup. My wife got the same....the union has been meeting with the the grocers then asking them to keep it quiet. Then they have the balls to go on t.v. and say the grocers refuse to come to the table. Get this...they also said it was their members who decided to strike "not them", as if they are strying to separate the brass from its members. WTF We all know the union told the members they needed to strike!
    The union is sucking some big time ass right now.
    C2<----------waiting for RioDog to come on here and chew some hide.
    The Union Representatives early on said that this strike would be the "Silver Bullet" that'll kill the chains stronghold...Well apparently the grocery stores are not "Vampires" afterall. I'm so tired of the whole situation I've become numb to it although my brother is directly effected by it as the Ca. regional Pharmacy director.

Waldo
    Ziggy, I thought pharmacy workers were back at it two weeks after teh strike. A coworker's husband is a pharmacist and that's when he went back to work. Pharmacists are back at work because of the consumer need for meds (drugs).

If you want more from your job you need provide more value to your company. Just because you scan groceries and make change doesn't mean you are entitled to benifits and a great wage.
    I blame the grocery business for trying to build their business on the backs of not so bright employees...namely the retail clerks. Now that the discounters are here both sides better wake up! Both better start to realize they can't compete the current way they do business. I say IF AND THIS IS A BIG IF the union can show the supermarkets how this deal brings added value to the grocers table than I am sure the grocers would jump all over it. Doesn't the stupid union and its striking members get it...the stores are saying you aren't worth the money! Show them you are and maybe your stock with them will go up.

NastyOne
    I look at it like this... I dont have helth care and day those ****s show up at my office to picket for me is the day i dont shop at Vons.:wink:

Ziggy
    Originally posted by Waldo
    Ziggy, I thought pharmacy workers were back at it two weeks after teh strike. A coworker's husband is a pharmacist and that's when he went back to work. Pharmacists are back at work because of the consumer need for meds (drugs).
    Yes most are from what I know, but it took some doing in order for it to happen-They had to place a public saftey warning or consumer safety dealio in order for them to be able to go back to work. At one point my brother said the Pharms were breaking out of the union and establishing a guild instead, don't know for a fact if that happened but either way it has been very difficult for my Bro...He just happened to take the Corp. position shortly before the stike began so he's been employed the whole time but having to cover shortages throughout California...He's a very tired man these days and still had to deal with Strikers confronting/threatening him as he left his office at Corp...that really scared him one time leaving the gates very late at night.

superdave013
    anyone other then me using those self check outs at Home Depot??
    Scaning joint compound seems pretty easy. I bet I could scan frozen pee's just as easy (I hate ****in pees btw).
    Maybe Von's will get one of those self check out deals pretty soon.

572Daytona
    The Kroger's here have self checkout lanes. I use them all the time, unfortunately they are for the express lanes only so if I have a cartful I still have to use a cashier, but even then 9 times out of 10 I bag my own groceries just to speed things up a bit.

Ziggy
    Originally posted by superdave013
    Scaning joint compound seems pretty easy. I bet I could scan frozen pee's just as easy (I hate ****in pees btw).
    Like the Smith's in Havasu

im not really sure were you guys are coming up with these 15 to 20 dollars a month stuff but it more like 5000 a year for both full time and part time so if your pt and making 22k a year 5k is alot of money.

NorCal Gameshow
    Originally posted by superdave013
    home depot's work out great ....except they only had one regular checkstand open and a line for the self check....nothing like waiting line and doing the work...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast