Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Zealand

BILLY.B
    Originally posted by burbanite
    Welcome Razors Edge,
    This is "The Boss" running through the rollers, he held the 1986 world record at 178 mph...
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...S_The_Boss.jpg
    HOLY SHIT BATMAN those aren't rollers them there are full on WAVES !!! I keep expecting to see Elvis hanging ten with a hot piece on his sholder waving at the crowd. Great looking boats and some nice pics Razor s Edge & Burbanite. And i've heard a few stories from a K-BOAT engine builder ( Bubby Wilton) on how the K's run down under. Can we say NUTT'S !!!!!

Razors Edge
    Great photo's Burb', Mark Cromie is still at it, he ran his marathon jet boat in some circle racing the other weekend at Karapiro, went good too. He raced in Canada recently too at the world champs I believe.
    The Knight family from ChCh love those Lauterbach boats, and for many years were the team to beat. You may be interested to know that they have just bought back The Godfather and once restored will run it as a 6 Litre, apparently with Pete jnr's boy Andy driving.
    These Australasian kilo records are still held by these boats to this day.
    Godfather 6000cc Hydro 141.77mph
    Gone Heavy 7500cc Hydro 169.43mph
    and The Boss WAS the World GP Kilo record holder at 177.176mph, this was broken in 1991, also by a kiwi team and now stands at 179.101mph.
    Knights team also set in 1990 and still hold the World Womens Unlimited Water speed record at 168.76mph, they did this with CRC Latimer Lodge with Heather Spurle driving, an accomplished 4 wheel driver.
    Tell me is the Billy B on here really the Billy B of K-11 Krazy Kolors Express fame. I have a T-Shirt here that now only gets worn in the workshop as its pretty well shagged, but I refuse to let the missus throw it out. Dad bought me the shirt late '80's early '90's on one of his trips up there and you guessed it, it is a Billy B's KRAZY KOLORS Express shirt listing Bob Bode jnr as the driver. The ol' man spoke very highly of this team that he had seen run at a regatta up there somewhere and had quite a few photos of the boat.
    Wonder if he realises just how far his T-shirts travelled.

As far as websites go down here, they are few and far between but our National Body has one set up and can be found at www.nzpba.com
    I will dig threw my Favourites file and post some more sites on here later on.
    ps The Crusaders got dealt to by 20 or so points this weekend by the Brumbies, Sorry to say Burb'

Kindsvater Flat
    WOW!!! Billy B really IS a legend!!

burbanite
    Originally posted by Razors Edge
    Tell me is the Billy B on here really the Billy B of K-11 Krazy Kolors Express fame.
    Yep, the one and only.....
    Thanks for the update, a wealth of info there for me, would love to see any more photos you have and to hear more of your racing exploits.
    Bummer about the Crusaders, for me anyway...

Razors Edge
    Our Hurricanes didn't fear any better, going down to the Cheifs

BILLY.B
    Originally posted by Razors Edge
    Tell me is the Billy B on here really the Billy B of K-11 Krazy Kolors Express fame. I have a T-Shirt here that now only gets worn in the workshop as its pretty well shagged, but I refuse to let the missus throw it out. Dad bought me the shirt late '80's early '90's on one of his trips up there and you guessed it, it is a Billy B's KRAZY KOLORS Express shirt listing Bob Bode jr as the driver. The ol' man spoke very highly of this team that he had seen run at a regatta up there somewhere and had quite a few photos of the boat.
    Wonder if he realises just how far his T-shirts travelled.

Never knew that the shirts made it that far. I might have a few still around but i'd have to look. That boat was sold to a guy up in Canada and he set the Can-Am record with it a couple of years ago. PM me your address and if I have any shirts left i'll send you a fresh one.

Razors Edge
    Hey Billy B, great to hear from you, I have sent you a pm with a few questions regarding race boats and racing. I look forward to hearing from you again. Cheers Kent

GofastRacer
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Razors Edge
    [B]Originally posted by Hud
    Matt Morrison in his Mcleod flat from New Zealand
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...che_111_1_.JPG

GofastRacer
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Razors Edge
    [B]Midge Mallett in a McLeod flat with a alky 460 ford, from New Zealand.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...oat_1_-med.JPG

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast