Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question: HTM & Lifeline Vests

LASERRAY
    It was brought to my attention that in light of the tragic accident a couple years ago, the positioning of the "Lifeline" booth directly across from the "HTM" booth is intentional, a cooperative venture if you will, to promote the importance of lifejackets when boating. Is this true?

HBjet
    No!
    From what I heard, 2 years ago, Lifeline wasn't going to make the show due to the cost for the spot. Last minute they made it. I don't know if they got a discount, but if you also notice, Lifelines "booth" is a rig with very little setup for the show. I bet on Sunday, they are one of the first ones out of there, and there spot is probably not there choice. If anything, I would think it would hurt sales for HTM. People go see lifeline and hear about what happens when you hit the water, and what there jackets are designed to do to you. Then you see HTM and say hey, I remember one of them crashing. Maybe not!
    HBjet

LASERRAY
    Originally posted by HBjet
    No!
    From what I heard, 2 years ago, Lifeline wasn't going to make the show due to the cost for the spot. Last minute they made it. I don't know if they got a discount, but if you also notice, Lifelines "booth" is a rig with very little setup for the show. I bet on Sunday, they are one of the first ones out of there, and there spot is probably not there choice. If anything, I would think it would hurt sales for HTM. People go see lifeline and hear about what happens when you hit the water, and what there jackets are designed to do to you. Then you see HTM and say hey, I remember one of them crashing. Maybe not!
    HBjet I was told that last year it was the same way. I'm not saying that what you say is not true, but I just heard otherwise.

Kilrtoy
    Are voices talking to you again LASER....

LASERRAY
    Originally posted by Kilrtoy
    Are voices talking to you again LASER.... I think it's the alcohol talkin to me. No, I trust my friends when they tell me things, and the guy that told me this is a stand-up guy. That doesn't mean that he's not wrong.:wink:

LASERRAY
    Originally posted by HBjet
    No!
    HBjet Well ok, but didn't you at least notice the irony?

Lifeline has been in that same spot several times

25 Eagle
    Should be standard equipment on that boat! If dealers really cared about their customers [ 100+ mph owners] they would offer them with the boat. Look at all the money they saved by not putting the brakes on.

OGShocker
    Originally posted by LASERRAY
    It was brought to my attention that in light of the tragic accident a couple years ago, the positioning of the "Lifeline" booth directly across from the "HTM" booth is intentional, a cooperative venture if you will, to promote the importance of lifejackets when boating. Is this true?
    I doubt it.
    That to me would be a marketing SNAFU of the first order!!!
    Dana is next to both I know we did not plan it that way!

Laveyman
    Like RexOne said, they have both had the same booth for the last few years. Nothing to read into it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast