I am a small town engine builder and new to the performance jet boat arena. I have a couple of friends/customers that have come to me over the winter and asked me to build them new engines for their jet boats. After discussing what they thought they wanted/needed in their new motors,(which will both be 496ci's) they both expressed concern that the motors they have seen run in performance type jet boats have all seemed to have very high oil temps and wanted to know what we could do to help this problem. While I know what to do to lower oil temps in most types of engine applications I would like to know what kind of oil temps you guys are seeing in your boats and whether or not any of you are running oil coolers and large capacity pans to help the problem, and what kind of results are you getting. Sorry to jump into y'all's "Jet Boat" forum with a question like this, hell I don't even own a boat right now, I am just trying to do a little research for some good customers of mine who are trying to get me into the hotrod boat motor business. Thanks in advance for any help!