Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: PowerBoat Magazine Shootout

Risky Business
    Best of luck Wayne. I may see you there. Have you ran the new motor yet on the dyno?
    By the way, your old blower sure looks good on my work bench. hehe

rivercrazy
    Yea - parker aint long enough! LOL!

rivercrazy
    I agree. Especially after getting past a buck ten or so....

Maxey
    Rock-it Man,
    That is one BEAUTIFUL BOAT!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Maxey

Rock-it man
    Originally posted by RiverDave
    I'm serious, I dunno of a straight section that long to do that in parker.. I would think it'd take a couple of miles atleast?
    RD
    I have been practicing at .80 mile becouse thats the length of the course at LOTO , with the last motor I could hit 125 + within that distance time after time without any NOS of course there wont be any NOS now ,with the Quad should have more than enough power.. Im not sure where they run the boats all I know is its hedquartered at the Blue Water. Power Boat Mag has done them there before and thats where they ran the Datona 25 at 144mph. So there must be room somewhere as there will be a lot of factory boats there,Teague said there will be a chopper. divers, full safety crews so they must know what there doing. I will get as much video and pics as possible,if Teague OK's it I will set up a Cam on the boat to record the event from the boat along with video from shore if theres anywhere to watch from as I have never been on the river at Parker.

Havasu Cig
    I have wondered why PB Mag tests at Parker instead of Havasu, and the only thing I can think of is because HB Mag uses Havasu. Defenitely a much bigger area of water at Havasu with the speeds these boats are running now.

Rock-it man
    Is the river real wide there ,there must be a mile + somehwere for them to run the tests as theve done it before ,the moving water should keep things flat,thats the way I like it , never stayued at the BlueWater is it a good place.I here thats where the magazine people are staying so were there too. . Ill spend the day before at Havasu tuning the boat gotta get it just right !!!

Rock-it man
    Originally posted by Risky Business
    Best of luck Wayne. I may see you there. Have you ran the new motor yet on the dyno?
    By the way, your old blower sure looks good on my work bench. hehe
    Im sure it looks good on the work bench but would look much better sitting on top of a BBC. Oh !!!!! did I forget to tell ya that it would only go 137 mph !!!!!!! hope you didnt want any more than that . Why dont you just get that thing going and come up to Shasta and join us this summer . If this Quadrotor dosn't perform it will be for sale too !!!!!! could always go to a Pro Mod Four Stage NOS motor on Methane !!! hehehe !!!!! course that would be only good for a few runs !!!! Im staying at the Blue Water if your there, look me up ,will be there mon & tues night for sure . trying to find out what other boats are coming to see who my compitition is ,im sure there will be a lot of other factorys sending there baddest boats . Will be fun to watch how they do the tests as I read them in the Magazines and sometimes dont really believe what I read ,so now the truth will be told.

Dr. Eagle
    I'd love to go watch, being in so cal for a while it is not too bad of a drive...
    But I will probably have to WORK!!!!!!!!

Mr.Havasu
    We will be there to watch! Good luck Wayne, your boat is bad ass for sure.
    RD, why don't you ditch work and come up for a couple of days? This sounds like a must see event. I'm thinking we will need a boat in the water to get a good vantage point, what do you think, a nordic or a warlock? Let us know if you decide to come on up for this event.
    W25

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast