Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: PowerBoat Magazine Shootout

Mr.Havasu
    Your boat near by or do we need to drag down the warlock? I think I know your answere, but if your boat is in the garage it sounds alot easier. The weather should be warming up nicely by then. We'll talk when it gets closer.

Mr.Havasu
    That was kinda my thinking as well. This is going to be a great summer. Looking forwards to having a running boat at the beginning of the season this year. The last two years we haven't been up and running until after the 4th of July.

BADBLOWN572
    The last time that I was up there for the Powerboat test, they did the speed runs between Blue Water and Badnocks heading down river towards the 5mph zone. Come around the corner at Badnocks around 80mph then stand on it! There is enough room there to get the boats up to top speed there and then they have the 5mph zone for slow down. Was impressive. Just be aware, the last time they did the test in Parker, the title of the article was "Last Man Standing." They broke every boat but one. Powerboat has a tendancy to be a little too hard on boats for performance testing.

Rock-it man
    Originally posted by BADBLOWN572
    The last time that I was up there for the Powerboat test, they did the speed runs between Blue Water and Badnocks heading down river towards the 5mph zone. Come around the corner at Badnocks around 80mph then stand on it! There is enough room there to get the boats up to top speed there and then they have the 5mph zone for slow down. Was impressive. Just be aware, the last time they did the test in Parker, the title of the article was "Last Man Standing." They broke every boat but one. Powerboat has a tendancy to be a little too hard on boats for performance testing.
    I didn't know that, my motor will stand up but not sure of the 4x4 drive ,though it is new.Maybe have to have an extra drive there .If they dont stand on it till 80 ,the drive should be OK becouse ive done that with the last 4x4 and it held up fine.iI think the trans helps. Havent heard yet how may boats ary coming but either way I will be there for sure.

Rock-it man
    Originally posted by RiverDave
    Well then I look forward to going out and watching the evaluations.
    RD
    Take your Video Cam !!!!! better have it set on HIGH SPEED hehehe !!! See ya there !!!

i have been there for 2 powerboat shootouts and all the high speed runs i seen were started about the cop station up to the turn at foxes.plenty of room get it up to a buck or so at the thur of teh keys and let it fly!good luck rocketman

mbrown2
    From the Turn at Foxes to down to the Sheriff Station is plenty of room to get up past 100...

Rock-it man
    Originally posted by mbrown2
    From the Turn at Foxes to down to the Sheriff Station is plenty of room to get up past 100...
    Is that where they ran the Datona 25 at 144 mph,about how long of a straight streatch is there, Im wondering if maybe I sould be doing my tune up runs there before there tests instead of Havasu. Is it crowed this time of year there like on Sun & Mon before there tests. When ya all were ther before was there other factories there testing and tuning there boats. Thanks

we were there this weekend in the afternoon when it warmed up a few boats were out maybe 10 or so.powerboat has the helicopter out so people will see you coming.from the turn at the keys up to foxes were he can start to get on it to foxes is at least a mile or two.seen him make a few 110, 120 passes no problem so an extra 20 or 30mph should be no problem.

during the week it will be emtpy except for a few snow birds making there afternoon boat crusie to the bar.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast