Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: PowerBoat Magazine Shootout

Rock-it man
    Originally posted by RACER52
    rocket your boat will be fine. If not just buy another when their done.
    I dont live in the land with streets paved in gold ( California) I live in Redneck Land !!!!!! All the $$$$$$$ is down there where you are !!!!!!!!!!and im too tired to start over !!! Send some of the Rich ones up here so I can build them one of those California type overpriced homes !!!hehehe !!!! then ill move up to an 33 or 34 Cat !!!!!!!!

Rock-it man
    Hey guys with the new motor I cant use my Lab 30 prop four blade ,its like new and only used a few times ,I ran it 130 mph at Havasu this summer so its a GOOG ONE . Spotless looks like new ,I have $ 900.00 + in it so come up with $ 700.00 and its yours , this one is proven to be fast , You can try it at Havasu at the heatwave.

Havasu Cig
    When I had my Mach 26 with a blown Blosdale motor I talked to Bob Teague at Havasu. The motor was covered with a scoop, and he asked me what motor I was running. I told him, and he had good things to say about Blosdale.
    My current boat has been to Teagues for rigging, and to have a drive fixed, and I was more than happy with the work and how I was treated. Bob has been very cool everytime i have dealt with him.
    Just thought I should throw in my positive experience with him.
    BTW: His motors do seem to be very reliable judging from the people I know that have them.

i know i said that i would not let my boat be used in another shootout or test session, but your boat is being ran to set a record that being said if i was trying to do what your doing bob would be my driver an i wouldnt worry about him abusing my hardware.the whole testing thing were there hammering it from a stop 20 different guys hauling ass in your boat to come to a conclusion is a whole different story.

Rock-it man
    Originally posted by boatnam2
    i know i said that i would not let my boat be used in another shootout or test session, but your boat is being ran to set a record that being said if i was trying to do what your doing bob would be my driver an i wouldnt worry about him abusing my hardware.the whole testing thing were there hammering it from a stop 20 different guys hauling ass in your boat to come to a conclusion is a whole different story.
    Bob will be the only driver and these tests are not the same as the performance Trials ,they tell me ,where they do a lot more testing,all the boats at this one has to be 100+ mph boats. I talked with him at lengh about not breaking my boat so I think im ok !!! though I know any part can fail and I know Im on the edge with the power I have !!!! so gotta just keep my fingers crossed
    and go with whatever happens !!!!

Rock-it man
    Originally posted by RiverDave
    Bob Teague has gotta have a set of balls that ride shotgun to jump into a boat he has never driven before, knows nothing about the build, and be ready to lay down a 150'ish mph pass.. I don't think I'd do it.
    RD
    Im sure he runs the boat some before making a real speed run and I know he always talks to whoever ran the boat before, I dont know for sure but probably a lot of the boats sent by the factorys are owned by there customers so there will be some info on how they run,besides I think he has ran and tested more boats than most of use will ever drive ,thats why he's the Powerboat Magazine test guru !!!!!!!!! Got a new lab 33 prop from Teague Marine today to try at havasu they claim its better than the 34 so cant wait to see. So now I have an extra 30 if anyone wants one !! and if he wont take it to 150 mph I WILL !!!

Rock-it man
    Yee Haw !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! only 25 days to GLORY !!!!!!
    150mph or Bust !!!!! Not really !!! dont want to bust anything !!!! but its the idea that counts !!! There will be lots of watchers so will probably hit the net before I get it on the trailer !!!!!!! Hope to have some great videos !!!!

Rock-it man
    Finally got a pic of the GPS from the last time I ran the boat last year . The next time you see the GPS it will say 147-150 mph
    Will have the new motor running by tues and its off to the lake to test !!!! Am I excited or what !!!!!!!!!!

clownpuncher
    Is the river gonna be accessable to anyone on those days. I'd like to get out and watch from the water. Never seen a boat screaming at 150 mph before.
    Good luck.

Robbie Racer
    clownpuncher, last year they had the river blocked off to normal boat traffic during the speed runs. There were quite a few recreational boats on the water but they were kept so far from the action that they weren't able to see much. After the speed runs were finished, they opened up the river and let all the boats idle through town. You would be able to see the speed runs much better from the shore line near the Embassy Suite's hotel. R/R