Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Whats the deal with the jet forum?

Jake W
    Hey Rex isent all the forums the same recycled tech I have not read any groung breaking stuff in the Vdrive forums .Just the same old crap over and over.The bickering does get old I just see it as opnions some express them selves and some don't.I would say most of your post applies to all forums.
    Jake

Biting my tounge.

While many of the forums do have recycled tech topics IMO the other tech threads don't have the constant arguing, confrontational bs goin on, which is my primary reason I don't read just jets much any more. The above is just my opinion and I really didn't anticipate or expect agreement with it. Someone asked what's up with the jet forum... that's what I think's up.

Kurtis500
    Dont worry Rexone. Only jetboaters disagreed with you.

Originally posted by riodog
    Oh yeah, Mikey. You're just "sceared" to be caught on the jets forun cuz you pander to the V-drivers! Just look at your catalog-dah- more V-DRIVE parts than jet parts! See how you are ! You even 'hide' the evidence come to think about it cuz I couldn't find a catalog so's I could count the difference in numbers.
    Last time I saw a catalog ( about 1962) none of your boats pictured wuz a jet!
    SO THERE !
    Well, now that that's outta the way- ( here comes the serious stuff)- When are you going to start carrying items to make my future V-DRIVE boat motor go faster ? Like parts from Jesel, T & D machine, Enderle, ?
    You've gotten big enough that you can do a "specialty" type division at reasonable prices.
    Rio
    PS- if you wouldn't stay up so late at night then you'd have the energy to finish your catalog and I wouldn't be forced to use the SEARS catalog for my reading (?) pleasure.
    I wouldn't say thats true Riodoggy. I haven't counted pages but my guess is there's more pages of jet shiznit on the website than v-drive stuff and we definately sell more jet parts than vdrive parts, no question on that.
    And I said I'd own a jet, I didn't say I'd tell anyone or post photos or actually consider using it in public
    (disclaimer: the above is a joke in case we have jetters who lack sense of humor reading)
    Many hi perf lines are being added although not the ones you listed (yet). We will see how these go first. Fraid you'll have to browse the ladies undies section of the Sears book just a little longer.

LVjetboy
    Hey there. What's up with the V-drive section? Oh my bad, just boring. Well, for those v-drivers and closet jetters like Kurtis who feel the need for spice and visit our side to get it, we'll keep things a bit more lively as usual...
    jer

I'm sure most of what is discussed here is boring to the jetter because most of this goes over their heads....

Im gonna have to agree on this one, the jet threads on ***boat have all been recycled and some of them suck, however its better than us just bs'ing about nothing.The new guys are learning and thats what matters.
    Theres some threads on other jet boards that are very in depth reguarding jets,data aquisition,hull design and hardware settings.I mosty just lurk, but ive learned more there than anywhere.Most of the pros are there giving opinions and info. Its worth checking out and drama is very rare over there.
    Im yet to see a thread that detailed in these parts..

Kurtis500
    I think jetters are long winded and v-drivers are to the point. Look at the posts. Rexone is exempt, he has to sell things to the jet crowd.

BiggusJimbus
    Pretty simple,
    Folks with V-drives TEND to be older, more experinced boaters.
    There are a large number of people in the world that THINK they know everything simply because they have a little anecdotal information. There are lots of newer jet boat owners that fall into that category, and fewer V-drive owners that do.
    You get them here too, just not as many.
    And for some reason, LVJer manages to cheese people off in incredibly short order. Never mind that he has much better backup for his arguments than those on the recieving end of them.
    I read both forums. This one devolves into petty bickering just like the rest of the internet.
    Can't be avoided. You allow poeple on here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast