Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DON Aronow

RIPNIK67
    Has anyone read the article on Don Aronow? IN the "other
    magazine The end of Thunderboat row. My question is I heard a movie is to be made about the King of Cigarette. Do you know how true this is? Very interesting story . Any info would be appreciate.

Havasu Cig
    I read the artical and it was very interesting. I have heard rumors of a movie but that is it. I would go the Offshoreonly.com, there has been discussion on this topic there.
    There are people that post over there that new him and worked with him, so they have some good info.
    I am reading the book "Speed Kills" right now. It is about the murder of Aronow, and the happenings on N.E. 188th Street in Miami (Thunder Boat Row). So far it is very interesting. If you can find a copy it is a good book.

Havasu Cig
    Another interesting item....
    Brownie, from OSO is selling these medallions. If you do not own a boat built on the Row you can buy one mounted a plaque. He was friends with Don, and they are sequentally numbered.
    The Row is just about gone now, so it is a cool item imo. Here is a picture.
    http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/a...&postid=848190

superdave013
    he's selling a red X??

91nordic29
    A & E has a good program abot him that they run every - so - often with Bill Curtis.

spectras only
    Go to www.donzi.net , I think Don's son on it amongst other knowledgable folks.

Havasu Cig
    Originally posted by superdave013
    he's selling a red X??
    The picture is showing on my computer

mbrown2
    Cig,
    I don't think you can link from OSO...and even if we went there to view it, I think we need to be paying members, no?

Havasu Cig
    I forgot about that. Damn, I don't know how else to post it.

mbrown2
    If you right-click on it at OSO, save it to your computer, and email it to me as an attachment I will post it for you...my email is in my profile.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast