Thread: Bartending school-Week one update!

HighRoller
    Well, week one is in the can and here's the gouge. I learned 64 drink recipes in four days, to the point of reciting them from memory. My favorites are the 6 different variations of Long Island Ice Tea, including the infamous AMF! I took a speed test, where you have to make 12 drinks in 7 minutes and I got 5:26. Unfortunately I made a few small errors but oh well. I aced my midterm, missing only one ingredient and one garnish out of 20 drinks. We also learned four different ways to poor martinis and some other neat stuff. Next week is the hard week, with all the mixed shots and coffee drinks. Yikes! Then the final written exam and the REAL speed test that you have to pass to graduate. Wish me luck!!!

Lightning
    I would be so plastered by the end of class. I'd be tasting everything to make sure it's good, and not letting any alchy to go waste. RD would be doing the same I'm sure.

Jordy
    Originally posted by RiverDave
    Would you like to come on down to Parker and test your bartending skills?
    RD <--- can put you to the test no problemo..
    I concur. If nothing else, in October when your practical skills are raging. A bartender and 4 dj's at the party this year. Now we just need someone to shoot in the chest at close range with the water balloon rocket.

JetBoatRich
    Originally posted by HighRoller
    Unfortunately I made a few small errors but oh well.
    Can someone really drunk tell the difference

HighRoller
    Well, you'd be gagging on water colored with food coloring. The alky commision won't let us use real alcohol. I'd be more than happy to come and sling drinks for OP6C or any other party in the area. I'm sure a Duck Fart, Irish Car Bomb and Broken Down Golf Cart would fix you guys up real nice!! I might even invent a new drink called a post ***** for JBR

JetBoatRich
    Originally posted by HighRoller
    I might even invent a new drink called a post ***** for JBR
    I would be honored
    How long does it take to graduate from this school

HighRoller
    2 weeks. Sounds like a short class, but you learn more than 80% of the bartenders out there know already. We cover product knowledge in depth in addition to 130 drink recipes. Plus upselling and customer service, techniques of mixing and pouring, bar setup and equipment, and a shitload of miscellaneous crap. They gave experienced bartenders the same tests that I took today, and the highest score out of 26 people was 48%. I scored 98%, and I've only been learning a week. That tells you how little the average bartneder really knows about the product. Ask any bartender what Chambord or Galliano is, then ask them what it tastes like and where it's made. I bet 4 out of 5 couldn't get both right. But they teach us all that stuff so we're ready to go when we graduate.

JetBoatRich
    H.R. it will party time for sure to keep you in practice, would hate to see all the schooling go to waste and forget the important things, like what alcohol to pour in what kind of drink.

Wet Dream
    What the hell makes up a "Broken Down Golf Cart"?
    And what happened to truck driving?

RJ Nordic
    Hey HighRoller, Since you got the product knowledge, I need to buy a bottle of vodka for a buddy for his birthday. What's the best you recommend, desides the Goose?