Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did John Kerry cost lives in Viet Nam?

Freak
    Originally posted by honkey1
    The guy is a **** wad, he actually said we should give control of our military over to the U.N.
    That scares the shit outta me!

Kilrtoy
    WOW

Why is military service an issue now? It was not important to anyone when Klinton ran for office, now its a big deal only because Kerry served in Nam and Bush didn't. Where was Klinton?...dodging the draft in England and protesting the war on foreign soil. Not only he is a ****ing hypocrite he is a coward too. If anyone believes the Soviet Union doesn't exist elect Kerry and the Hammer and Sickle will fly over the White House.

LASERRAY
    My Fellow Americans: Worry not. Nobody's going to beat Bush. Not even that Herman Munster clone, Kerry.

redneckgirl
    Originally posted by LASERRAY
    My Fellow Americans: Worry not. Nobody's going to beat Bush. Not even that Herman Munster clone, Kerry.
    Lets pray to God not... Go DEI. I like Mikey.....
    RNG

MagicMtnDan
    Originally posted by AzDon
    I'll go along with the "uninformed electorate" rant, but I think Bush was the media's boy in 2000.....That's why we didn't hear about his draft-dodging foray into the National Gaurd. That's why it wasn't brought up that he lost his pilot status over failure to submit to a drug test, and why we didn't hear that he had disappeared for at least a year after requesting a transfer to a mostlly inactive unit in Alabama. Perhaps military experience really didn't matter much in 2000, but this year it matters.
    You're so sorry Don - you continue to be so clueless about the issues. The Vietnam War was a cluster-F and it wasn't too long before everyone could see that this country wasn't fighting it to win. Here's a reminder: we lost over 58,000 boys in that meaningless war! Lots of boys did what they could to avoid the war. Some went to the UK (like your boy Bill Clinton) - others went into the National Guard where they served their time. George W. Bush was no different than thousands of others who did the same things! "Hiding behind his daddy's influence" - sure, why not?! At least he served his country instead of leaving it to survive! I was alive during the Vietnam War - I faced the draft - I KNOW how many years went by when all this country (and your Democrat LBJ) was sacrificing the lives of young boys FOR NO REASON! It wasn't cowardice to try not to go to Vietnam and die! This country even had amnesty for those who avoided the war illegally - ask yourself why Don!
    Click here to see the numbers of Americans who have died in conflicts over the years (http://members.aol.com/usregistry/allwars.htm)
    I don't have a problem with a decorated officer such as Kerry protesting the war after his discharge. He was exercising his free-speech rights just as many young Americans did at the time. I don't find anything hippocritical about Kerry's portrayal of himself, but I do have a problem with Bush as Commander and Chief, when he was hiding behind his daddy's influence when it was his turn to serve. His portrayal of himself as a "wartime president" is a scary indicator of what we can look forward to if we elect him. The guy has never seen a war zone until after it has been secured...Too dangerous for him!
    You are so effen clueless!
    Kerry and Bush have the SAME rights under our constitution - just because Kerry is a decorated veteran doesn't give him more rights (you liberals are scraping the bottom of the barrel on this non-issue).
    Show some respect for the President Don - show some respect FOR YOUR PRESIDENT! Are you patriotic? Is denigrating the President of the US your way of showing how patriotic you are?!
    By the way...
    YOU DON'T HAVE TO HAVE MILITARY EXPERIENCE TO BE A GREAT PRESIDENT!
    YOU DON'T HAVE TO HAVE BEEN IN A WAR TO BE A GREAT PRESIDENT!
    There are MANY examples of great presidents who didn't have military experience or weren't in a war. It's IRRELEVANT - greatness stands on its own.
    George Bush has experience as the President. And he's done a great job - 9/11 was a defining moment for this country and for President Bush. He's proven he will be courageous and do whatever is necessary to protect this country.
    If you want tax-and-spend Massachusetts liberal (the MOST liberal senator in the US), left-wing radical, income redistributing, who wants to take your tax dollars and use them to give everyone free healthcare you go right ahead. But be careful what you wish for - you just might get it!
    Note: take a look at Canada's healthcare "system" before you vote for Kerry - be sure to investigate how long it takes people in Canada to (a) get medical care and (b) get things like CAT scans, ultrasounds, X-rays, etc. - find out why thousands of Canadians come to the US each year to get faster medical treatment - find out how many people in Canada die each year because they can't get their free medical treatment before they die.

I'll go along with the "uninformed electorate" rant, but I think Bush was the media's boy in 2000.....That's why we didn't hear about his draft-dodging foray into the National Gaurd Bush....Media's boy???? Give me a break...Gore was their poster boy. They did everything they could to try to make him look good, even tried to pump some credability into his "I invented the internet" statement. And, Yes we did hear all about Bush's "foray" in the Natl. Guard, the media made sure of that. Gore was a joke and a legend in his own mind and so is Kerry.

v-drive
    I don't know about all of this but what I do know is Bush did the right thing to Sadam. Anyone that thinks different is nuts and I'll go farther to say that we need to build our military up and that means re-instating the draft and opening these training bases back up. Yeah Vietnam was a farse but that doesn't mean you do away with the service like kerry wants, he might not say it but he's thinking it. He probably wants Jane Fonda to be his running mate. As for the people that ran off to Canada I still get pissed when I think of it. I know get over it but when Democrats act like they're gods I just remember my brother and I were in Vietnam because of them. Bush has some problems but he's got my vote. v-drive

Tinkerer
    The whole problem here with the democrates is they think that Bore WON the election.
    If the written law gets in the way then they try to change the law.
    Most dems that I have met don't have a clue. They just repeat what they have been told or saw on TV.
    They are like mindless zombies.

CircleJerk
    Originally posted by 058
    Bush....Media's boy???? Give me a break...Gore was their poster boy. They did everything they could to try to make him look good, even tried to pump some credability into his "I invented the internet" statement. And, Yes we did hear all about Bush's "foray" in the Natl. Guard, the media made sure of that. Gore was a joke and a legend in his own mind and so is Kerry.
    058, Boy, are you a carpenter? You and others hit the nail right on the preverbial head! Wow, you boat folk are very educated and or well informed on the media coverup-bash all Bush {or Republican} Presidents! In case you havent heard he has released all military records for you liberals to knit pick! When was the last time a Democrat released any potentially incriminating evidence???? I still can't figure out why anyone cant see through the media slanting of the news, even when they admit it in writing! But what's worse is their coverup! Dont get me started! JeRk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12