Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FFL question

burbanite
    I am having a discussion with the gun shop where I buy most of my guns about having them do a transfer for me. I have two guns that I am buying privately in New Hampshire that I want to have sent to me, my guy is telling me that they can only ship interstate from another FFL, not an individual. All my searching suggests he is wrong, I believe that an individual can ship a handgun as long as it is TO an FFL, Am I wrong?

mirvin
    Sounds wrong to me Check the Dept. Of Justice website. THey should have all the info regarding interstate transport etc.
    Good luck.
    Mirvin

burbanite
    Yep,
    just got word from the gun store owner, no FFL required to send the gun but must be sent to an FFL holder.
    I'm happy again, just picked up two Colt CCO's with a bunch of spare mags and grips.

mirvin
    Very nice. Carefull with those FFL guys. Sometimes they're a little shady I wound up with an un-registered (According to the DOJ it does not exist) S&W 10mm because the FFL didn't do what he was supposed to do (paperwork) Of course he charged me and made me wait the 10 days and all
    Mirvin

Bense468
    I just got done doing an FFL on my 226 sig .40. It all worked out good. One thing I did notice though, is a lot of dealers don't want to do the FFL. You are not buying the gun through them, so they kind of have a unwritten rule of how much a FFL transfer costs. At least in southern California they do. You don't know how many gun shops I called about doing my ffl and mostwant to stay away from it the others that did say it will be anywhere between 35 and 150 dollars ( I think this is depending on how much they like you) I ended up paying 45 bucks to have them take care of my FFL. I got a very good deal on a brand new all stainless sig though because I did. I called sig before and they were very helpful with the serial number. I suggest you do that before purchasing.

burbanite
    Fortunately I know this particular FFL holder, he charges $25 to do a transfer, I always end up having to wait the full three days on the NICS as I am a resident alien and they seem to like to make me wait...
    The purchase is from a private individual and the guns are used so no probs with taking a sale away from the store. I have bought all of my new guns through them in the past so they know me well.
    Next I am looking at an AR15 but I'll wait until after September to see what happens with prices, if it all turns to poop and they go up well, I didn't have one in the first place so no big deal.
    Ah, the fun and games of it all.
    Bense, how do you like your Sig? I have heard they put together a nice gun.

Bense468
    Yeah so far it is the best handgun I have ever shot. Really nice out of the box. Well worth the money imo.

Forkin' Crazy
    Here is an idea that I have used. Have him break it down and ship it in two pieces. I don't think there is any regulation in sending gun parts, as long as they are legal.

burbanite
    Originally posted by Forkin' Crazy
    Here is an idea that I have used. Have him break it down and ship it in two pieces. I don't think there is any regulation in sending gun parts, as long as they are legal.
    The receiver is classed as the operational part of a firearm so that loophole is covered by the law.
    After a discussion with the owner of the store it appears that an employee gave me the incorrect info, imagine that. Anyway, now that the legalities are cleaned up there are two Colt CCO's headed my way, arguably one of the best carry configurations around...

77charger
    Originally posted by burbanite
    Next I am looking at an AR15 but I'll wait until after September to see what happens with prices, if it all turns to poop and they go up well, I didn't have one in the first place so no big deal.
    I bought one before the ban here in ca and they were priced very low ever since they just went up in price got an armalite m15 a2 model for 700 otd.Now i handload the 69 sierra match hings and get under 1" groups at 200 yds this gun is mainly org i just had the trigger job done.My advice get one before it becomes to late to many states are makin their own bans so federal wont help.As for handguns i am a 1911 shooter have one colt commander and one springfield gvt model.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast