Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hey Jer

Blown 472
    Since you are after just "power" and not torque why didn't you keep the the 4" stroke crank and over bore .100 or .125" to get a bigger bore which would allow you to unshroud your bigger valves and make more "power"??

Jet Hydro
    I thought Jer was all about torque and not Power?

cyclone
    here we go again.
    you must have talked to a great (read- not west coast, not in a magazine, and definately not using a dyno) engine builder today and are feeling saucy enough to challenge LV.
    this ought to be good. hold on while i pop 5lbs of popcorn, grab a case of beer and a lazy boy, so i can sit comfortably and watch the fireworks.

play on playas.

Jordy
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Jer has 100 different charts and graphs to show ya why he did what he did...

cyclone
    Originally posted by jordanpaulk
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Jer has 100 different charts and graphs to show ya why he did what he did...
    almost seems dumb to challenge him then huh? you'll just get smacked upside the grill with a pie graph.

cyclone
    although i do see the logic in going with a larger bore diameter to unshroud the valves, that doesn't mean LV's engine builder didn't have a different plan of attack in mind. I guess blown should be making a call to DNE rather than calling out Jer on the board.

Blown 472
    Originally posted by cyclone
    here we go again.
    you must have talked to a great (read- not west coast, not in a magazine, and definately not using a dyno) engine builder today and are feeling saucy enough to challenge LV.
    this ought to be good. hold on while i pop 5lbs of popcorn, grab a case of beer and a lazy boy, so i can sit comfortably and watch the fireworks.

play on playas.
    Nope, unlike you I read alot of info. You should talk to Jack about this he is the one that turned me on to this theory.

cyclone
    Originally posted by Blown 472
    Nope, unlike you I read alot of info. You should talk to Jack about this he is the one that turned me on to this theory.
    and you know how much i read because??? give it up and just concentrate on your inevitable battle with LV.

Blown 472
    Originally posted by cyclone
    and you know how much i read because??? give it up and just concentrate on your inevitable battle with LV.
    Cuz you are so smart, can throw together an engine and not know what to check.

corlish
    Ok,
    I am going to jump in here half cocked and without knowing the differences between Jer's new and old engine. It sounds like Blown's question is implying that he has the same displacement just a different bore/stroke combination?
    If that is the case, it is certainly a valid question. Take two engines of the SAME displacement and all else being equal and the shorter stroke engine will make more power. This can be shown mathematically for the naysayers.
    Let the flames begin.
    Corey

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast