Thread: Dual plane or sinlgle plain intake?????

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    I know this was covered a long time ago but I was playing with my desktop dyno and when i changed the intake from dual to single the numbers changed alot. The only positive thing I noticed about the dual plane is that the hp/tq was higher are low rpm's(under 3k). After 3k the single plane was a much better intake. What do you guys use? any differences if you have used both?
    I plan on spinning 5500-5800r's

How often do you run your boat under 3000 rpm? I'm not trying to sell you on using the singleplane, hell I run a dualplane myself. Really though, my boat will barely stay on plane below 2700 rpm so about the only time I run it at less than 3000 rpm is in the no wake zone. An easy cruise speed for me is between 3000 and 4000 rpm.

Cas
    DTD doesn't take into account of the new dual planes such as the Edelbrock RPM Air Gap. When I went from the single plane Torker to the Air Gap, the engine gained 150 rpms on a fairly stock BBC.
    I was pretty pleased, to say the least.
    With my new engine, I put on a Weiand Team G single plane. Since I have yet to run it, I can't say much about the perfermance. I chose the Weiand over the Edelbrock Victor Jr because the plenum in the Team G is a bit bigger.....from what I was told.
    Besides that, I liked the looks of it.

Ken F
    According to the "intake shoot-out" that was done about a year ago, the Weiand Stealth (dual-plane) had about the best all around rating, not far off from the best single, and the best dual. I bought one right after that, and have really been pleased with it.
    Ken F

Bow Tie Omega
    I am running the Weiand X-elerator. While it is a single plane manifold, it covers a broad spectrum of rpm (1500-6500). I have not actually had the chance to run it yet ( in 2 months if all goes well), but on the old desktop dyno, it ran better for my setup then a dual plane. Hope that helps

77charger
    396 for your set up i think a victor jr will do the job As for the dual planes the rpm air gap might be a good choice also

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Right now I have a ported edelbrock performer rpm. I was just playing with the desktopdyno. I know it isnt 100% correct but its an idea. the single plane shows much better #'s on tq/hp.

screamdreambrad
    single plane in a boat anytime. you don't need low end power,need as much as you can possibly get at the 5,000-6,000 range. edlebrock victor jr., weiand team g, or a tunnel ram are the best way to go. don't think like it's a car. brad