Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thunderbird Crash Video

Jbb
    Your tax dollars at work..........................BANG! (http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/181tbird.wmv)

Infomaniac
    A thousand feet short so what.
    I wonder what he was thinking when he hit the apex of that split "S" ?

Jbb
    Altimiter bug....check, set ....Bang!

JetBoatRich
    I am sure thet practice over and over, but sometimes that is not enough:yuk:

stoker
    Was that at El Toro? I was at an air show about 15 years ago when a plane did the exact same thing. Sad part was acouple of dickheads in front of us started laughing. The pilot survived but was messed up bad.

JetBoatRich
    Originally posted by stoker
    Was that at El Toro? I was at an air show about 15 years ago when a plane did the exact same thing. Sad part was acouple of dickheads in front of us started laughing. The pilot survived but was messed up bad.
    What were they laughing at

LASERRAY
    Was that at El Toro? I was at an air show about 15 years ago when a plane did the exact same thing. Sad part was acouple of dickheads in front of us started laughing. The pilot survived but was messed up bad. Or, is it the incident from about three weeks ago in Idaho?

Uplink
    They had a horrible incident at Indian Springs, NV in 1982 when they were flying T-38's, the lead plane in the diamond formation had a malfunction while performing a loop, the lead crashed and the rest followed him in. All 4 pilots lost.
    These guys do what very few other humans can or will do. I am more than happy to give the Air Force my tax dollars. Mark

Wet Dream
    Originally posted by Uplink
    They had a horrible incident at Indian Springs, NV in 1982 when they were flying T-38's, the lead plane in the diamond formation had a malfunction while performing a loop, the lead crashed and the rest followed him in. All 4 pilots lost.
    These guys do what very few other humans can or will do. I am more than happy to give the Air Force my tax dollars. Mark
    I remember that one.
    We used to live in Merced, just a few mile from the Air Force base there. Back in the 70's there weren't many restrictions as there are now, but it would be common to be watching cartoons on Saturday morning and the windows would rattle with the familiar "BOOM" of the sound barrier being broken.

Was that at El Toro? I was at an air show about 15 years ago when a plane did the exact same thing. .
    I was there too. That sucked.
    That looks like the same crash.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast