Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody let your kids drive your boat?

Sandbar Mike
    Start them early
    God he had a blast.
    I let my 4yr old Dylan steer almost the entire way to havasu springs. I couldn't believe how well he did.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/..._Force-med.jpg

JetBoatRich
    Good to teach them young, my son can do the gas and steer now. He loves the sound of the big block He's only seven so I still sit in the drivers seat.
    My daughter has been driving for a couple years now with me sitting next to her.
    Pretty fun to share the experience

1stepcloser
    My daughter was driving the boat since I can remember.....I put her skills against most on the water.
    It's good now, shes almost 19.....having a built in Designated Driver

Infomaniac
    Here is a short video of Info Jr driving the Cougar. I recorded it on the memory stick by mistake and it shut off just before we got going good.
    Hard to film when the smallest push of the throttle makes the whole boat leap and the driver cannot hardly reach the pedal.
    He finds it necessary to let off the throttle to turn the wheel LOL
    10 year old pilot - blown injected v-drive (http://marineassault.net/Dillon.MPG)

mirvin
    That's awsome Mike. Look at that grin
    My dad used to do that with me too. It made those years before I was able to ski way funner. He even let me do that in the motorhome, much to the shigrin of my mother
    Mirvin

Pointerman
    That is great. My son's name is Dylan also. He is only 18 months old though so he won't be driving this season.
    How old were your kids before they weren't just sitting in your lap, but actually driving the boat on their own for the first time?
    Also, how old before you let them take off on their own in the boat (maybe leaving you on a beach or something)?
    Been thinking about this for a couple of months now.

OutCole'd
    My son is 11 now, He drives my boat all over parker as long as we are not in a busy area. I am always within 2 feet of the throttle & steering wheel just in case. Plus I have to always tell him to turn down the radio.

mirvin
    Hey pointerman, I'm pretty sure the answer to your questions are "When they are licensed drivers"
    Doncha have to have a DL to drive a boat?
    Mirvin

Kim Hanson
    All of mine like riding in them, drive they won't do:frown: The HST has too much torque in the steering and screwing with the jack-plate and stuff and the gas pedal is too far away!
    The V-Drive They don't want to drive it, they just want to be seen in it!..........( . )( . ).......The wife won't go in it! She will this year
    Marcy would only drive that little Banshee, 50 mph. was fast for her

v-drive
    My oldest son (Bowtie OMega ) drove alot and was quite good.
    Brendella Jet was still a little young but was able to hold a straight course but he also got to drive my 5.0 in later years..
    v-drive

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast