Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who still uses a 56K modem?

Dr. Eagle
    Only when I am on the road (and the hotel doesn't have high speed internet).

LASERRAY
    The last time that I used a 56K modem was in 2001. From there I went to DSL, and now i've been on cable for the last 3 months. But Adelphia cable modem sucks and if it doesn't improve, i'll go back to DSL. I remember useing a 9600 and then upgrading to 14.4 to connect to Prodigy(are they still around ?) back in the late 80's.

Dr. Eagle
    Yeah, I just use it on the road on my laptop. I have a comcast cable modem at home and it rocks. Some hotels I have been staying in recently have a wireless network that you can subscribe to for 5 bucks a day. After using the dial up for a while I overcame my natural cheapness and paid the 5 bucks so I could surf with less waiting around.
    You do get spoiled!

NorCal Gameshow
    Originally posted by Moneypitt
    This computer was purchased through LAUSD, came with this 56K set up, AND the internet conection is free forever...Slow as watching a lake fill up when it rains, or grass grow, but FREE...
    ever wonder why the schools......
    oh, nevermind

Dr. Eagle
    Originally posted by Moneypitt
    This computer was purchased through LAUSD, came with this 56K set up, AND the internet conection is free forever...Slow as watching a lake fill up when it rains, or grass grow, but FREE...
    I guess free is good if you have nothing but time.......

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123