Thread: bowl conversion

Wet Dream
    Bitchen

skipr
    Sleek,
    I'm about to start convertinbg my bowl, and was wondering if you could give me any tips? Also why did you make the extension so long? The reason I ask is that I have a couple pics, and the extension is flush with the viens. Also could you tell me what the bolt pattern is and the thread size?
    Thanks, Steve
    Here is a pic. that I have.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...owl001-med.jpg
    Thanks again, Steve

DansBlown73Nordic
    Pictures of my bowl conversion.....http://www.vintagetub.com/images/c700ctn.jpg

sleekcraft76
    skipr- why is the ring so long "why not" looks cool too.the threaded holes are 5/16-18 i can post the pattern monday the info is on my computer at work the od of the ring is 8.0 and the od is 6.200.i have done the bowl long and short makes no diff.

skipr
    Sleek,
    Thanks for the info, could you post some pics. of the inside? How did you turn the outside of the bowl? Did you follow the angle of the viens? I have been machining for around 10 yrs. and a good friend is a fabricator with the ability to weld aluminum, so I figure between the two of us we should be able to pull this off. I'm just nervous as I don't want screw up my bowl and have to fork out extra money I don't have to buy a new one. So any help would be greatly appreciated. Buy the way how far are you from Concord? My wife and I have some friends there and are thinking of taking a ride down there in the near future. As i'm not to savey with the typing thing if your interested you can e-mail me your phone # and I can give you a call, I'm much better at talking than typing. My e-mail is tbaker@surfmk.com.
    Again thank for the help,
    Steve

sleekcraft76
    i will post more info monday pm my number then.

skipr
    Thanks!!! Oh by the way your boat looks awsome. Did you do the flames yourself? They look great.
    Steve

DaveA
    Looking at your first picture- Is that big white square thingy in front of the bowl watchu call the 'impeller'? j/k

sleekcraft76
    yep it is a aaaaaaaaaaaaaa cut!!