Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's all running Ford for power ?

voodooCanoe
    This is my friend boat that runs a 507ci Ford. Owned by Mark Williams. A.k.a "the Pussycat"
    Its a 65 Stevens, Runs mid 10's at 98 mph! Not bad for a family
    boat.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...287_1_-med.jpg

RLM62
    Originally posted by RaysonKid
    Must be this one?
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/.../24617-med.gif
    That would be the one. How'd you do that? I can drive the boat better than this computer.

RaysonKid
    RLM62,
    I just went to the wild v-drive thread, Page 13 like you said.
    Then I right clicked on the photo. Go to properties, click on that. Then go to the address(URL). Copy it.Came back over to this thread.
    Did the thing. And paste the (URL). Then do one of these
    Make sence? I forget all the time myself.
    rrrr,
    Thanks for the advice and the link. Yeah, I need to go out and buy a few books.
    Want some nice weather. So I can go out and play..

pgf127rt
    Originally posted by rrrr
    Yeah, lots of side oilers out there.
    Mostly has to do with head design. The intake ports were made taller so the intake manifold ends up being pretty tall on the MR and HR.
    There were several different heads made for the LR, the latest and greatest being the "J" heads. That's what I have. Take a look at the suffix on the "3090" PN around a head bolt pocket.
    The HR has much bigger ports. I think the LR was 140/100 and the HR was 184/125. The combustion chamber stayed the same size, 73-76 cc. The exhaust valve was enlarged from 2.08 to 2.18.
    The MR got the bigger exhaust valve and combustion chamber volume was increased to 88-91 cc. The intake port was changed a bit and as a result the intake manifold was a bit shorter, hence Medium Riser.
    rrrr, you got that right, I still have a few stories left for the river, if y'all are going down this summer shoot me an email and Carol and I will bring the RV and a boat down to catch up on the latest. JD
    BTW, I ain't that smart. Just bought a couple of good FE books and surfed around a little.
    I Love having my FE. It has a good history and never fails to get comments. It also means I have something in common with pgf127rt other than the fact we both like to eat and tell stories.
    Check out this FE forum, you'll learn a lot.
    http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/74182
    rrr, If you and yours are going to the river this summer or spring shoot me an email and we will try to hook up with you. JD

RLM62
    Originally posted by waterloged
    RLM62, nice boat! That is what I want to build. What's the specs on that thing?
    OEM 460 block (.080) 4.440 bore 4.5 stroke. Block required no machine work for stroke. It was fairly simple.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    Originally posted by rrrr
    Yeah, lots of side oilers out there.
    Mostly has to do with head design. The intake ports were made taller so the intake manifold ends up being pretty tall on the MR and HR.
    There were several different heads made for the LR, the latest and greatest being the "J" heads. That's what I have. Take a look at the suffix on the "3090" PN around a head bolt pocket.
    The HR has much bigger ports. I think the LR was 140/100 and the HR was 184/125. The combustion chamber stayed the same size, 73-76 cc. The exhaust valve was enlarged from 2.08 to 2.18.
    The MR got the bigger exhaust valve and combustion chamber volume was increased to 88-91 cc. The intake port was changed a bit and as a result the intake manifold was a bit shorter, hence Medium Riser.
    Ford also built a "Tunnel port" and the infamous SOHC "cammer" that came in a over 600 ponies stock.
    I'll jump into some of dads hipo ford books from the 60's and dig up some more tech.

RLM62
    RaysonKid, Thank you, I'll give it try.

rrrr
    Originally posted by pgf127rt
    rrr, If you and yours are going to the river this summer or spring shoot me an email and we will try to hook up with you. JD
    Joe Don, me and Fonda saw the Lake Granbury booth at the boat show and we started talking about how much fun we had down there last fall.
    I prolly should call now and get a reservation at the Indian Lodge for a weekend sometime in the spring and we can have a little noisemaking party with you and the rest of the gang.

LakesOnly
    The Ford FE series (390-428) engines seem to be mostly in a lot of older boats, like late sixties stuff.
    I'd like to see some more 385 Series 429/460 engines in some newer v-drives.
    LO

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    Originally posted by LakesOnly
    I'd like to see some more 385 Series 429/460 engines in some newer v-drives.
    LO
    I've seen several .

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast